• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

Man, somebody just stole the miter saw I stupidly left on my front porch while I took the kids to the park.  I am very angry with myself for leaving it out there but I honestly feel almost violated that a thief was on my porch.  The psychology of someone who believes they are entitled to have anything they can take is honestly alien to me.

• Sad 9

Happy Birthday to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! :lol: While Beethoven will ALWAYS be my #1, I truly appreciate Mozart's unique genius. Not only could he do such remarkable musical feats like writing down an entire symphony he heard one time, writing an Ocerture the morning of an opera, or even playing blindfolded with his arms crossed when he was just a child...(like I said, a unique kind of genius, lol), but he created many beloved works of such effortless, almost innocent power and sublimity. Oh had he lived more years! And yet what he did in his brief 36 years left it's mark on classical music. Again, Happy Birthday Mozart!

446392025_Wolfgang-amadeus-mozart_1(1).thumb.jpg.323d6d82b49e745d458afda06582274a.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Happy Birthday to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! :lol: While Beethoven will ALWAYS be my #1, I truly appreciate Mozart's unique genius. Not only could he do such remarkable musical feats like writing down an entire symphony he heard one time, writing an Ocerture the morning of an opera, or even playing blindfolded with his arms crossed when he was just a child...(like I said, a unique kind of genius, lol), but he created many beloved works of such effortless, almost innocent power and sublimity. Oh had he lived more years! And yet what he did in his brief 36 years left it's mark on classical music. Again, Happy Birthday Mozart!

446392025_Wolfgang-amadeus-mozart_1(1).thumb.jpg.323d6d82b49e745d458afda06582274a.jpg

Bla bla bla. LFG RAVENS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ahhh, thank you!  I didn't realize it was Mozart's birthday.  I only knew Beethoven's (Dec. 16).

Happy Birthday, Amadeus!!!

Now, I'll have to tell you this story my step-mom told me years ago and it might ruin Mozart's 40th symphony for you (as it sort of did for me, hahaha!  Well, not really, but it's amusing!)!!  A roommate or friend of hers in college was taking some music appreciation class and they were examined on being able to recognize various well-known pieces of various composers and to identify the composer with the music.  So this person created a funny way of remembering them by coming up with some phrase or whatever to the "tune" of the music.

For Mozart's 40th symphony, they came up with, "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a MOZ-ART...it's a bird, it's a plane, it's a MOZ-ART!"  (imagine singing that to the tune of the 40th!).  So ever since, every time I've heard that symphony of his (which I actually like quite a bit), I forever have that damned "bird, plane, Mozart" going through my head when I hear it!!! LOL!!!

idk where exactly to put this but last week was pretty memorable, more so than most of us thought

it's in the top 1.5% of wintry weeks at all the airports and it's actually the most "wintry" week since 2016, even beating out 2019 at every airport

Figure_1.png

kbwi_awssi.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Mozart schmozart.  Everyone knows that Salieri was the real genius!

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Geez, need to be strong around here when posting anything that isnt rainbows and unicorns. Ppl like @psuhoffman, @Stormchaserchuck1, and @Ralph Wiggum (me btw :lol:) get bum rushed with torches when posting anything that isnt the majority rule.

Be honest bro you saw a single snapshot last night that wasn't pretty and you got a little squirmy without actually seeing if it was a true step back or can kick and you posted on emotion vs logic. If today and tonight start pushing things then by all means come thump your chest but goodness man give it a few runs before you sound the alarm. And please quit the psu gaslighting technique of saying anyone who questions a negative post is living in a dream world and afraid of the negative...that's bs and you know it you only posted what you did because of your negative reaction and you wanted others to feel it...misery loves company.

• Like 2

Anyway, thoughts on the AFC game? You folks get to watch the Ravens each week,we don't have that luxury in PA. How do they match-up? Is KC really an underdog here? I like The Ravens today but want to hear why they are going to beat KC. Is their D pretty good? Secondary vs linebackers etc. 

50 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Ralph and Will are already wavering...only a matter of time before their squirming rubs off on the more vulnerable and weak then BOOM

I was excited thinking the overnight runs must have showed some good hits for the CAPE (Hatteras) storm with how many new posts there were.  Kind of comical how the mood immediately flipped based on “trends” from one run.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Anyway, thoughts on the AFC game? You folks get to watch the Ravens each week,we don't have that luxury in PA. How do they match-up? Is KC really an underdog here? I like The Ravens today but want to hear why they are going to beat KC. Is their D pretty good? Secondary vs linebackers etc. 

The trends of KC worry me. :P

I’m not a Ravens fan so I’ll let others answer.  But you never can rule out a team led by Mahomes.  I think Ravens win though - their D is better and Lamar is at his best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

I was excited thinking the overnight runs must have showed some good hits for the CAPE (Hatteras) storm with how many new posts there were.  Kind of comical how the mood immediately flipped based on “trends” from one run.

I should have kept all of my responses in here I own that I don't need to clutter the main thread...these next few weeks will certainly be interesting lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

The trends of KC worry me. :P

I’m not a Ravens fan so I’ll let others answer.  But you never can rule out a team led by Mahomes.  I think Ravens win though - their D is better and Lamar is at his best.

And a team coached by Reid. He will have a surprise play or 2 cooked up that the Raven's D might not be ready for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The Ravens have the best complete team in football this season for quite possibly the first time ever. Defensively they are easily the best in football, lowest points allowed, most sacks, best turnover differential.

On offense the team is no longer one dimensional. Lamar has options he can throw the ball to with OBJ, Flowers, Bateman, Likely and Andrews coming back today. Plus Lamar isn't running as much this season. He's letting plays open up down field before taking off and is making quick passes to his receivers. 

KC is playoff tested and I will NEVER count Mahomes out in a game, he's just that good. But the Ravens overall are the better team. 

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

It's amazing that Vegas underrates Lamar Jackson! The Ravens only have -3.5 in this game, and the home automatically gets 3 points in an even matchup. KC has not been that good this year! Ravens were leading all but the last game (resting Lamar) with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter.. only the '72 dolphins did that. Then they ended up playing 14/17 teams that finished the season >.500 (that's even after the Ravens beat most of them, with the best record in NFL), and they crushed SF in SF. and Beat Detroit 38-3! I found though that elite QBs (Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, etc) beat the spread about 58% of the time, so I'm a little worried about Mahomes there, but the Ravens are much better this year than Vegas has been giving them all along the way! Even now, SF is more favored to win the SB.  KC does have the #2 defense in the league this year I think. 

11 hours ago, Ji said:

Lebron>mike

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

I don't see how this is even a debate any more. 

1 hour ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

It's amazing that Vegas underrates Lamar Jackson! The Ravens only have -3.5 in this game, and the home automatically gets 3 points in an even matchup. KC has not been that good this year! Ravens were leading all but the last game (resting Lamar) with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter.. only the '72 dolphins did that. Then they ended up playing 14/17 teams that finished the season >.500 (that's even after the Ravens beat most of them, with the best record in NFL), and they crushed SF in SF. and Beat Detroit 38-3! I found though that elite QBs (Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, etc) beat the spread about 58% of the time, so I'm a little worried about Mahomes there, but the Ravens are much better this year than Vegas has been giving them all along the way! Even now, SF is more favored to win the SB.  KC does have the #2 defense in the league this year I think. 

I'm riding Chiefs +3.5.  Honestly the Ravens side is really ratty and makes me incredibly suspect of the whole situation.  Plus betting against Mahomes in the yoffs seems wrong.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic