• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

25 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

I’m down in Orlando this evening and the storm went through rather quickly as it’s thin here.

But we did go wild with tornado warnings about an hour ago. 

Good luck up there tonight!

Do you fly for JetBlue?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Atlantic City recently experienced a 50 mph wind gust. At 6:54 pm 1 NNE Bethel, DE registered a 64 mph wind gust.

I’m in AC at the Hard Rock hotel….even by 5pm small branches were coming down on the one side street I cut across and loose construction signs were taking flight.  Surf was definitely up 90 minutes ago when I poked my head out on the deck near the buffet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

I’m in AC at the Hard Rock hotel….even by 5pm small branches were coming down on the one side street I cut across and loose construction signs were taking flight.  Surf was definitely up 90 minutes ago when I poked my head out on the deck near the buffet.

Wonder what it sounds like on the top floors 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Winds starting to really ramp up now, only 266 without power on the island 

Pretty quiet here, which is odd, considering I’m on the south shore. Light, to moderate winds 

14 minutes ago, Picard said:

Ripping pretty good here in Sparta.  I don't have a great anemometer, so my peak gust means nothing, but Sparta PD reports several trees down and power outages in town.  Our lights blinked but so far have stayed on.

I agree...same in Wantage...power flickering and Sussex Rural has outages Lake Pochung and Highland Lakes. Rough storm.

Anyone using radar scope... I think the DIXstorm total that I saw at 830PM looks very good when comparing with NJ climate rainfall for NJ. Big boy event. Keep yourself calm as things go downhill, 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Probably more of an inversion right on the south shore due to the cooler waters. The local PWS to me show gusts 35-37, which seems dead on 

Makes sense, but Upton wind maps had MBY in the “extreme” zone. Not that I’m wishing for it 

• Rjay unpinned this topic