Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

This storm is kind of simple for the global models.  So I think some people will issue determinative forecasts too early.  

Every local TV station plus the national news tonight, was talking about it already. Pretty unusual 

• Like 1

This storm is kind of simple for the global models.  So I think some people will issue determinative forecasts too early.  

The hype is going to be out of control. Especially since we haven’t had anything like this for awhile. I already have people sharing pictures of snow maps from Facebook with me.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Every local TV station plus the national news tonight, was talking about it already. Pretty unusual 

long tracking threats are gonna work alot better with Ninos than northern stream dominated winters

It's amazing out here obviously. But that is too close for comfort even here. Icon east, gfs west. Here comes a few days of model mayhem. 

Has there been a model run minus the 12z Canadian where you haven’t been forecast 1’ or more of snow?

Maybe I’m naive, but I’d be willing to wager a good sum that I-81 gets a 6”+ snowstorm at this juncture. Imagine the stress you’d be feeling in the lowlands
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

It’s not the magic ICON run for the cities… but I assume we’d all take (tho I would travel to I-81 personally)? Even if a little reluctantly as cities flip to heavy rain?

82eab39b80dbe87f109ac439c17fadac.jpg

I might travel for this one. I'm gonna wait until Friday probably to decide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Has there been a model run minus the 12z Canadian where you haven’t been forecast a 1’ or more of snow?

Maybe I’m naive, but I’d be willing to wager a good sum that I-81 gets a 6”+ snowstorm at this juncture. Imagine the stress you’d be feeling in the lowlands

Icon just did it.

• Like 2