Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

My guess is this pattern would not be as prolific even with that block lol. Who would've thought a raging +NAO could produce that. Pacific is king as always. 

I feel like the PNA ridge is a bit to west-baed for my liking....shades of January 2023....plus the PV is a bit closer than I'd prefer.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just mean in terms of sensible weather.....lots of crap tracks, with nuisance front-enders. All of the clown maps have me with like 6" over the next two weeks, which would be pretty disappointing. 

It’s make or break time, especially for those of us on the coast. Heck, I still haven’t even hit 6” on the season yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

It’s make or break time, especially for those of us on the coast. Heck, I still haven’t even hit 6” on the season yet. 

Just commenting on these runs....but if it were to work out like that for the rest of January, then I'd be about ready to say uncle.

I still don't expect that.

44 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The Ensembles all suck, too, verbatim.....ugh.

Looks like January 2019.

Really?  Scooter was saying just the opposite earlier today.  Go back two pages and you’ll see.  Said the EPS has a good signal for 1/16.  Also he said he doesn’t hate the GFS today…lots of nukes.  Also said the ensembles are looking like things might work/we can work with that, after a two year period.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Really?  Scooter was saying just the opposite earlier today.  Go back two pages and you’ll see.  Said the EPS has a good signal for 1/16.  Also he said he doesn’t hate the GFS today…lots of nukes.  Also said the ensembles are looking like things might work/we can work with that, after a two year period.  

Just speaking of the raw snowfall output. I thought I made that clear. Again...I don't expect that.

57 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just commenting on these runs....but if it were to work out like that for the rest of January, then I'd be about ready to say uncle.

I still don't expect that.

I hear ya.  Let's hope it works out so we're all ready to say it, but for the opposite reason (pics from Jan 27, 2015)

Screenshot 2024-01-09 224150.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-09 224538.jpg

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just speaking of the raw snowfall output. I thought I made that clear. Again...I don't expect that.

Was hard to gleam exactly what you meant…but that’s what I hoped you were meaning. But the more I read them, I wasn’t quite sure.  All good. Sorry for the misinterpretation on my part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just mean in terms of sensible weather.....lots of crap tracks, with nuisance front-enders. All of the clown maps have me with like 6" over the next two weeks, which would be pretty disappointing. 

Yea, this is why I specifically mentioned clown maps and "just commenting on the runs"...so no one would freak out. I would like to see some big runs pop up over the next few days, though. 

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Was hard to gleam exactly what you meant…but that’s what I hoped you were meaning. But the more I read them, I wasn’t quite sure.  All good. Sorry for the misinterpretation on my part. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro lol. 

Better than the GFS by a huge margin,  2 storms in the long run even if one of them magically goes back NNW straight into VT and drops 20-30 mb.  Let's just enjoy chaos and hope it signals change.  Sensitive dependence on initial conditions FTW

2 hours ago, dmcginvt said:

Better than the GFS by a huge margin,  2 storms in the long run even if one of them magically goes back NNW straight into VT and drops 20-30 mb.  Let's just enjoy chaos and hope it signals change.  Sensitive dependence on initial conditions FTW

Gfs going that way too. Epicosity.

• Like 1