• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

I do think back half of Jan will basically be the point of continuing down the path of a rather mundane winter, or indeed turn the page around for most. If we are skunked somehow into Feb 1, it's statistically an uphill battle. I understand Nino climo is backhalf...I'm just saying. 

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wind!!

index (20).png

Can we see this for more of Maine as well, please? I don't have a sub to anything that'll give me wind gust maps. Looks like 60 in Portland area... Wonder if this won't be much for us, but more for CT, RI and Mass??

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

A basically snowless year thru Jan exploded with many snow events thru March Good blocking and sufficient cold. 

March snow blows. You can keep it at that point. Everyone says this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Layman said:

I imagine Tip will be along shortly to explain how the entropic tendency of the collective psyche on the board has manifested itself into the manifold of the genera and we will likely see a wholesale modal change in that behavior forthwith, likely prior to "clown range" depictions.  

Looks like you got it covered!  Tip can take a break on this one.

8 minutes ago, amc said:

Can we see this for more of Maine as well, please? I don't have a sub to anything that'll give me wind gust maps. Looks like 60 in Portland area... Wonder if this won't be much for us, but more for CT, RI and Mass??

Yea looks like VT takes the brunt with downsloping. But Maine coast could get whacked. Inversion holds? Hopefully 

index (21).png

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea looks like VT takes the brunt with downsloping. But Maine coast could get whacked. Inversion holds? Hopefully 

index (21).png

Thanks for the map... I don't think GYX buys it yet. They put out this map, and in their discussion he states the low level jet is going to keep inland from seeing very high gusts.

As it stands now that looks to be more inland with 60s and 70s than the christmas storm?

MaxWindGustTomorrowNight.png

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

index (21).png

Euro keeps the gusts VERY coastal....

Screenshot 2024-01-08 123223.png

Enjoy it thru tomorrow it's only a dream after. At this point in my life it's more about the storms than retention, my winter sports days are over but man the beauty today is unmatched. I can't imagine staring at highways and buildings after seeing what we see today. Just spectacular 

Screenshot_20240108_123133_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4