Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024

wdrag

17 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Can tell the front is nearby. Winds howling. Saw 2 yellow jackets and a mosquito just now. 

Was 59 this date in 2019, up to 58 now but I don’t think we’ll get to 59

Just had a monarch land on my hand. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Edit: re. [mention=18064]mannynyc[/mention] post of sim ref a few posts above

Looks good for a squall there tomorrow. Too warm in NYC and LI to accumulate but surface wet bulbs and wet bulb zero heights are low enough for it to probably be snow if it stays coherent as it comes through, which both the HRRR and NAMnest are hinting at.

If this happens, could be some brief fun, with heavy snow and 40-50 mph gusts. These soundings are pretty classic, featuring very deep mixing, very steep low to mid level lapse rates, sufficient moisture, and instability. Could get a quick coating over interior sections. 09e5ca53cd41b670bfe9f97dc1a794b3.jpgb61a022d78557cd35f3c1fab8ec1ae26.jpg

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Are you where they had all that flooding?  So sorry man, I saw pictures and videos out of the area and people were driving around in boats.

I live a few towns over and it flooded down the block and is flooding right now with tte high tides on the hackensack river. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Edit: re. [mention=18064]mannynyc[/mention] post of sim ref a few posts above

Looks good for a squall there tomorrow. Too warm in NYC and LI to accumulate but surface wet bulbs and wet bulb zero heights are low enough for it to probably be snow if it stays coherent as it comes through, which both the HRRR and NAMnest are hinting at.

If this happens, could be some brief fun, with heavy snow and 40-50 mph gusts. These soundings are pretty classic, featuring very deep mixing, very steep low to mid level lapse rates, sufficient moisture, and instability. Could get a quick coating over interior sections. 09e5ca53cd41b670bfe9f97dc1a794b3.jpgb61a022d78557cd35f3c1fab8ec1ae26.jpg

If you are north and west of the city tomorrow you will definitely need to look out for some nasty snow squalls.  This will be particularly true in the Poconos over to the Catskills.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Smh

I think the Governor was behind this and given the expected conditions it is probably the correct decision.  It’s always interesting to watch these games played in these conditions however when you have tens of thousands of people going out on the roads to get there this is probably the better call.