Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday, December 17 - Monday, December 18, 2023 Storm

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’re exactly what we expected. 55-60+. Honestly have no idea what you’re talking about 

They just talked about the wind gusts in Connecticut and the highest that they found so far was a 51 down in Southeast Connecticut. Although a gust 60 mph is still.possible in eastern Connecticut 

Just calls em as I sees em. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

50-55mph LI/NYC so far. Windy but nothing memorable yet. Only a couple of hours to go for NYC. 

Yeah, so far this appears to be a "standard" sort of wind event - fitting into climatology for these southerly Dec gales. 

GRR's obs site density isn't too bad,

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/?obs=true&wfo=grr

Not sure if these are "official" per se, but they are carried by NWS so -

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, rimetree said:

I know it's a good wind event when our dog that has no fear starts cowering under my desk...wind is the only thing she hates. 1.42" so far and starting to gust over 30mph at ground level. No power issues and fortunately staying out of the significant downpours so far.

Curious to hear how it goes a few miles closer to the coast.  Getting some strong gusts on this side of the bay with a moderate sized pine branch down in the yard.  I'm assuming you'll see higher wind gusts in Portsmouth.  

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve seen 50+ in many W CT towns. 

Speaking of that.. where’s Wolf?

Away from the water? I haven’t. 

Wolfie is probably licking his wounds and loading his sleigh onto his truck…heading north for the season realizing this is not what a mid Dec storm should look like in Southington CT USA. 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Wolfie is probably licking his wounds and loading his sleigh onto his truck…heading north for the season realizing this is not what a mid Dec storm should look like in Southington CT USA. 

he'll need to go well into CAN to find anything rideable .

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ha-  60 degrees here-feels tropical like with this one...

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Phil visited my parents’ pool fence

IMG_3414.jpeg

"environmental woke-ism" has ruined those types of walls for me. I used to think they were aesthetically pleasing ... but now?  Every time I see them they just look like big plastic artificial poison. 

I mean at least the plastic in the Pacific ocean can perhaps be remediated but what's going to happen with those big sheets of the shit erected in bulk.  We're deliberately creating a disposal problem for future generations - right?  And what is the 'micro-plastic' mass they are contributing.  Not sure with all the shit that's being exposed about the plastics industry and the toxification that's materializing/caused by it: why is the practice of deliberately creating bulk tonnage of the stuff even allowed. 

But ... if that stuff is not part of all that concern, fine -

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

I notice numerous reports of intense TRW activity over central Long Island (in NYC forum) and it appears to be racing north into CT, with an associated warm front also looking active, would expect widespread TRW soon in large portions of sNE. 

Low developed twin centers but is now consolidating and southern energy off Delmarva will be pulled into primary during afternoon. Could be some extreme obs posted, "marginal" svr wx now posted could be more like enhanced