• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.

wdrag

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, the GFS doesn’t have much in the way of an inversion in the soundings so has gusts near 70 mph at the beaches.

555C94EF-1E90-43D7-A427-934DA5C0BDF3.thumb.gif.42a791edb027b19c254459f82b0840fa.gif

That’s a pretty incredible fetch for the east coast. That would definitely build seas over 20’. Luckily we are in low astronomical tides at the time. Otherwise there would be a serious coastal flooding and erosion threat. 

22 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

the gfs/nam/ukmet camp would bring 50 kt winds inland while the euro/rgem/ggem would keep those winds confined to long island

BOM is LI/CT only with 60 MPH gusts 12z Monday.  Will attempt a decent consensus update tomorrow morning 8AM, but I think you all are on top of it with your posts.  

Regarding snow.  Depends if the CLOSED LOW at 5H can' maintain south of I80 Tuesday..if so, then inverted backwards trough from near ACK sfc low,  FGEN and teep moist unstable lapse rate will produce some interesting grass accum.  Too early about 5H. Odds are it will open to our north... but... jury still out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

hard to say how much they'll mix down-last weekend's event was a bust wind wise but a few weeks ago one overperformed with no advisories for anyone and we had gusts to almost 50

Not sure where you are but I had gusts to almost 50 last weekend by me

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

hard to say how much they'll mix down-last weekend's event was a bust wind wise but a few weeks ago one overperformed with no advisories for anyone and we had gusts to almost 50

i agree  i majored in atm science  the whole mixing  winds down is hard to predict, inversions  caps  etc.  never bullet proof

• wdrag changed the title to Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic