Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Quite the event period on the 6Z GFS for 13 days out.  Still a period to watch regardless of its current outcome of rain.  2 coastal's in 3 days.    5-7" of rain the Leigh Valley on this run. 

I saw that and was pretty bummed it was rain. Then I  noticed that pattern/setup at the end of the run and was reminded of the Euro weeklies prog. Shame it'll all be gone in 6 hrs.

• Haha 1

Snow is starting to move into the County from the NW this morning. With the temperatures below freezing we could see some slick spots on area roads - be careful. Most spots will see at most about a half an inch of snow. We start a nice warmup tomorrow through the weekend...it should be dry tomorrow and Saturday before rain moves in on Sunday. Much colder again for next week.
Records for today: High 75 (1998) / Low 1 (1926) / Rain 2.04" (1914) / Snow 8.0" (1959)
image.png.9dd48fa941310a0e8dc7398acfbc1856.png
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mitchnick said:

0z was similar, but most of it thru 384 hrs comes Sunday night into Monday and the 0z Euro has backed down with that threat...a lot in most places unfortunately. Blip? I dunno. But Eps backed down some too and Geps is as impressed with it as Taylor Swift would be with my physique. But I  find her nauseating, so we're even. Plenty of time, but these kinds of events are truly thread the needle, so we're going to have to wait until the weekend for any kind of certainty regardless of ensembles imho.

as i suggested the other day when the backend changeover look started to show, gotta hope for the earlier secondary pop so thermal boundary can collapse like a cheap tent.  As depicted overnight, and as bubbler suggests, we typically dont do well w/ anafrontal snows (modeled vs reality).

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

No roads covered but everything else is here. 

BEAUTIFUL ride into work.  Winter wonderland, and lititz to manheim had many roads caving/caved, and its almost as much snow as we received down here for the entirety of last season, and its only 12/7.  Its a win. 

Happy for all that got some (2 days in a row mind you).  I'm off the grid seeing clients up north, then headed to cabin till mid day Saturday.  Yall need to work your mojo to make sunday happen.  

Enjoy 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Hold on. You commute by train?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Yep, from Mount Joy to Harrisburg.  Been doing it for 17 years.  Love it.  Although, since Covid it's only been twice a week.  We go right along the river for a good portion of it and right by MDT.  If MDT tries to say they had only a Trace I'm having someone's ass ha.  There was at least .1" when I went by and that was at 7am when things were just ramping up.

My wife has been sending me pics from home (no, not those kind) and this will definitely be going in the books for me as the first measurable event of the year.

Yep, from Mount Joy to Harrisburg.  Been doing it for 17 years.  Love it.  Although, since Covid it's only been twice a week.  We go right along the river for a good portion of it and right by MDT.  If MDT tries to say they had only a Trace I'm having someone's ass ha.  There was at least .1" when I went by and that was at 7am when things were just ramping up.
My wife has been sending me pics from home (no, not those kind) and this will definitely be going in the books for me as the first measurable event of the year.
Beautiful finger of God radar. KCCX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 9_17 AM.jpgKLWX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 9_17 AM.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1