• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Daytime high of 39 yesterday and overnight low of 29.  I got .07" liquid yesterday and after obsessive amounts of research I am going with a snowfall of .6", which is more than fair.  Could have been a bit more but it was all gone by the time I got home.  I believe MU reported .8" and they are 5 miles to my southeast.  Almost halfway to my 1.5" total from last year ha.

To add to my angst about MDT (that's right I'm not done with those fools), a Middletown guy on Cocorahs reported .5" of snow on .07" liquid.  Yet we get a T in the books.  Nonsense.

As for Sunday, I've always liked the idea of a backend changeover, just not sure how much stickage we'll get coming off a 60 degree day with a soaking wet ground.  Should still be a fun little event though, particularly for the more northerly folks.  Enjoy the weekend, all!

A nice couple of days before a nice rainstorm moves in on Sunday. We should see above normal temperatures through the weekend (normal highs are in the low 40's) in fact by Sunday we could see many spots in the 60's. As warm as that is it is still nowhere near a record high. The record high for Sunday is the 70 degree reading from 1946. We turn seasonably colder for the rest of the upcoming week.
Records for today: High 70 (1980) (RIP John Lennon) / Low 12 (1959) / Rain 1.94" (1978) / Snow 4.7" (1917)
image.png.38c9c7d080e64dbc61904262accbad73.png

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

What a total moron.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

That's what happens when you don't look at the snow maps. No way it verifies, but pretty to look at. Sorta odd that it kills the snow out west, as that's the only model doing that. But it doesn't develop the slp until coastal NJ, so the cold isn't drawn in and the precip cuts off. 

12 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Don't listen to this guy. He's an idiot.

It dropped snow across the board except in that one little pocket.  Almost a complete fold.   Some crazy snow map differences between sites.   I hate TT Maps but it really shows the fold the best.  The Kuch map on Pivotal is not much better. 

image.thumb.png.278e954ee0e702ee53fd2f4edbb856d1.png

image.thumb.png.023d1b7ee0d4c8bb06856f0b23174fdf.png

10 minutes ago, anotherman said:

But it jacked up the York totals.  Probably wrong but a reminder that this an IMBY sport.

Yep. And the area the board covers is large. First time I  wondered in was for the 12/20 storm. I was happy with my 6" before the sleet hit, but those to the west and north did soooo much better.

Anyway, 12z 3k Nam shows slp in central VA when it stops at 60 hrs.

ref1km_ptype.us_ma (3).png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I apologize @Bubbler86.I actually found a woman dumb enough to date me this summer . I must have missed your recordings while I was making my own.

Ha.  I just had probably half a dozen posts pointing out the crazy ups and downs.  Some said wind changed from off the river but some of the jumps were pretty crazy. 

Flood watch hoisted.

Flood Watch
National Weather Service State College PA
250 PM EST Fri Dec 8 2023

PAZ042-051>053-057>059-065-066-091100-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FA.A.0007.231210T1800Z-231211T1800Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Sullivan-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Dauphin-Schuylkill-
Lebanon-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Pottsville, Hershey, Laporte, Lebanon,
York, Shamokin, Harrisburg, Danville, Lancaster, Sunbury,
Bloomsburg, and Berwick
250 PM EST Fri Dec 8 2023

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...A portion of Central Pennsylvania, including the following
  counties, Columbia, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Montour,
  Northumberland, Schuylkill, Sullivan and York.

* WHEN...From Sunday afternoon through Monday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
  creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.

• Thanks 1