Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

7 hours ago, GrandmasterB said:

It was great for Lancaster and a few other spots to really cash in on an overperformer yesterday. I never tracked that event and got 4 hours of light snow that accumulated on grass and even some paved spots. Could already rank this year ahead of last year!

I had 2.7" here. Stuck around for most of the day on thur. as well. 

• Like 1

The GFS took a step up/in the right direction with similar totals as the Nam now.   Not going to post a 10-1 map when the surface is in the mid to upper 30's in the LSV.  The only reason the snow is making it down is intensity so it's not going to accum at 10-1.  Skew-T shows it above freezing up to about 925.  850 is well below freezing. 

image.thumb.png.1d17b1fe21b465d5c521f03aecc8e958.png

image.thumb.png.78116223502572bcf3ca912d998ed624.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Obviously not to be taken for face value, but the Gefs snowfall mean really jumped indicating that the Gefs suite is all in for snowfall unlike yesterday and before. But snowfall does not guarantee accumulating snow is the problem.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_state_pa (11).png

Good morning!

This is a great signal.

I would be happy with half of this in my yard.

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

It actually seems like it wants to snow this year. Last year the gut feel was exact opposite

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got the same feeling. Once we're into January, assuming all guidance with the trough in the east holds, we'll stop high 5'ing each other because of raw hands.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT  (you can't spell MDT without a "T") stands at 1.7 AN avg temp wise as we near closing out the first 1/3 of the month.  With AN days expected the next 2, a double digit AN possible tomorrow,  it may be 2 AN as we head into day 11. 

Lol, “you can’t spell MDT without a T” is my new favorite line!

And it’s sad, but true!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WX-PA said:

We might get a few inches Sunday night. At least in this forum we aren't cancelling winter like they are on the NYC metro forum.. It's getting nasty over there..man

I  honestly haven't been in the NY forum for any reason since they split the site into subforums. NE, otoh, has some great posters, plus it's entertaining. 

4 minutes ago, WX-PA said:

We might get a few inches Sunday night. At least in this forum we aren't cancelling winter like they are on the NYC metro forum.. It's getting nasty over there..man

I'm on my phone and just saw you're in Dillsburg. Are you in the lowlands like me or up on one of the hills to the west?

Just now, mitchnick said:

I'm on my phone and just saw you're in Dillsburg. Are you in the lowlands like me or up on one of the hills to the west?

Up in the hills to the west.. I lived in Hanover back in the the mid 80's, great town!..Then moved back to Long Island and here I am again in Central PA

3 minutes ago, WX-PA said:

Up in the hills to the west.. I lived in Hanover back in the the mid 80's, great town!..Then moved back to Long Island and here I am again in Central PA

Nice! You should do well. If I fail imby, I'm on the north side of town and only 7 minutes from the Laurel Hills subdivision atop Pigeon Hills. I  know they'll jackpot, so I  can't lose. That said, gun to head this very second, it looks like an inch or 2 event here with a lot of white rain. That can change between now and tomorrow night....it's an eternity when talking snow.

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Nice! You should do well. If I fail imby, I'm on the north side of town and only 7 minutes from the Laurel Hills subdivision atop Pigeon Hills. I  know they'll jackpot, so I  can't lose. That said, gun to head this very second, it looks like an inch or 2 event here with a lot of white rain. That can change between now and tomorrow night....it's an eternity when talking snow.

Delicious diner right off rt 30, Cross Keys Diner!

A bit foggy this AM but it should burn away later and yield a nice mild afternoon. Clouds will be increasing later today with rain arriving by tomorrow morning. Windy and rainy through tomorrow night....all models still show the rain mixing with and changing to some wet snow by Monday morning. Of note the NWS does not have snow in the forecast at this time. However, If it does occur it will be a wet snow with temps never falling below freezing....this does not mean snow cannot accumulate especially in the higher elevations of the county on non-paved surfaces etc.
Records for today: 71 (1966) / Low 6 (1989) / Rain 1.80" (2009) / Snow 7.8" (2005)
image.png.b649d15c9c4e8fe6f3c30e092863cb10.png