• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

Larry Cosgrove is falling off his game lmao.

We now get forecasts about 1-2 weeks LATE.

Everyone gets old, including yours truly.

Guy needs to hire someone who knows advanced AI and use it. AI's are never late. They always have the forecast right on time.

I love AI so much. It's going to replace everything and everyone. We are gonna save quadrillions of dollars on unnecessary jobs and streamline the hell out of everything! I am one of the most enthusiastic of the AI folks.

I absolutely adore and WORSHIP everything AI, with all my heart. It's a great hobby to enjoy and it never lets you down!

I get it now. Ers Wxman is correct.

The subtrop jet IS a Beast, only it will be rain, and on the East Coast. Much as I hate to say that, but it needs to be said.

The subtropical jetstream is a thing and will affect the East repeatedly. It will be a beast for them and will produce record rain for the next 3 months.

It will not affect California or Texas at any time this winter or Spring 2024. California and Texas are high and dry and will be for the foreseeable future.

The current Mexico to Florida southern jet trajectory will obtain probably through at least April 2024, by which time Summer will be well underway in the Southwest.

This is a moderate Nino, but it is going to rain the hell out of the east. It isnt going to do what we thought, what we craved, which was bring snow. And it isnt going to help Texas with rain either. Track is too far south, Mex to FL and will probably do so all winter then jump 1700 miles north. I need to make plans to move to south central AL or MS where it rains nearly every day. California is going to be dry as a martini all winter, especially after last winter. The crazy Palisades snow last season, these things dont repeat. Texas and California are both in for a blazing hot dry 2024, and probably '25 as well. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I'm looking forward to your "if it can't snow in this pattern " posts mid January 

Last time we had a 30 day period with that favorable a long wave pattern but barely any snow was 2021 the excuse was “but it’s a Nina”. If that happens again in a Nino I accept no excuses. It’s time to burn this place down!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Last time we had a 30 day period with that favorable a long wave pattern but barely any snow was 2021 the excuse was “but it’s a Nina”. If that happens again in a Nino I accept no excuses. It’s time to burn this place down!  

I said MID January!! :hurrbear:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

We are about to enter another one.  I am going on record no snow in January.  Watch it happen.  Strat warming, weeklies, ensembles ….we are taking it straight up the tail pipe….ok

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

8 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

That would be my farewell to this forum--I'd put the site blocker on permanently, lol Like there would literally be no point to tracking snow anymore, then coming in here to be collaboratively miserable. I mean why do that? Quite frankly if this doesn't work this time, and you aren't in it for the enjoyment of the science, and are just here for the snow like many of us, you'd best sign off and not waste anymore time and emotional energy. 

Not to mention though...wouldn't that also show that the entire snow climo of entire I-95 corridor even up to Boston just deteriorated so rapidly? That would be pretty crazy to see. I mean mercy the blitz of 2013-2016 wasn't THAT long ago was it? Lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic