Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

51 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

Dear Mother Nature

Please blanket the entire region with a few inches of snow so most folks will be happier. Please stop these SE Screamers.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely 

Codfishsnowman 

Well done cfs. From your lips to ……. Stay well, as always ….

IMG_5801.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Weeklies are gorgeous 

I'm just not sure what to have faith in anymore. Definitely not being negative, as I'll be happy even if we get one big snow event. I just don't understand how the models have been so volatile where they go from one extreme to the other and the course of a day or two. It's hard to get consistency. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions when we finally do get something legit. This place will be like kids jumping into ice cream lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Beautiful gfs run

I was actually mildly optimistic that the run was good looking , then I looked lol

Sometimes I wonder if you’re looking at the models upside down or if you moved to Greenland. 

That run has a double cutter on the 27-29 that rains to Quebec on the first pass and then leaves enough energy that a coastal low comes in and rains to Quebec again a day later . That is out to 240 hours 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was actually mildly optimistic that the run was good looking , then I looked lol

Sometimes I wonder if you’re looking at the models upside down or if you moved to Greenland. 

That run has a double cutter on the 27-29 that rains to Quebec on the first pass and then leaves enough energy that a coastal low comes in and rains to Quebec again a day later . That is out to 240 hours 

At least there won’t be snow to wash away. 

Anyway, it could be a thread the needle snow chance for the interior. 

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I was going to post that too, but I didn’t want to give them any more recognition…but you’re right. 

Totally true. You know I've responded to a couple of them and went up erasing my post because I don't want to stoop down and give them the fuel that they're looking for. We just need to cut them out and stop talking about them all together.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

that trend towards more of a +PNA as we creep into the more standard long range is also the exact opposite of what we saw last year. makes sense given that we're in a Nino now

Your analysis is excellent. We appreciate your contribution here.  This is nothing like last year. Anybody with any common sense in the weather realm, can see and understand this.  Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

18z GFS ends (on Jan 4 2024) with a setup that looks like the next 36h of its run would turn into a large east coast winter storm, about like it was doing ten days ago for Dec 26-27 (which has degraded into the double rainer scenario). The difference could be that a lot more cold air is in place for this fantasy output. A long slow slide into deep winter is what I would expect and Dec will not be repeated in Jan or early Feb. Later Feb, possibly back to torch, but after a reasonable stretch of winter. 

DOUBLE RAINER

DEUBLE DAINER

DEBBLE DOINER

DEBBIE DOWNER

(fun with words)

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Blue Dream said:

Snowman19 is obsessed with you bro

I can't figure out whether some of these dudes like snow or not.....like in real life when you can't quite wrap your mind around someone's sexual preference...it's just a mystery. Snowman and ALLsnow are like that with me....they either don't like snow, or have some of the most deeply entrenched compensatory defensive proclivities ever observed. Like "I love snow so much that I can't tolerate the thought of not getting it again, so let me "act out" against anyone that dares to entertain the notion of cold and snow". lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/5/2023 at 9:48 PM, brooklynwx99 said:

pretty nice to see the GEFS in such lock step agreement with the beginning of the weeklies. modeling has been very consistent on the 20-25th for a pretty wholesale change of the pattern

hasn’t been getting pushed back, either

IMG_3623.thumb.png.b657660e73874f221f1b96435861e76d.pngIMG_3622.thumb.png.49368fa1371066b6d5167c029bbc3f49.png

20-25th still looking good for a large scale pattern change?

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1