Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

55 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But it ratted anyways, so who cares. The difference is, you’ll do better this year than last. Much better. 

Don't you love that? The only ones that give the weenie symbols are the same ones who post all the negative crap. They never have anything good to bring to the table. It makes me laugh every time I see it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I dunno, we've had some paste bombs recently inland....Mar 2023 (though I know your area mostly missed that...it was more ORH county)....Mar 7-8, 2018 was one. 12/5/20 was a 10" paste bomb in ORH....I think you mixed a lot but still had 6 or 7". Those are all in the last 5-6 years. Feb 1, 2021 was pretty pasty for the second half of the storm....coast got skunked pretty bad.

But if you're looking for 20-30" of paste inland, you aren't going to find it very often....Dec '92 is the top example. Be glad you lived to see it.

What really has gotten rare is the slow movers...that I what I thought he was originally getting at.

1 hour ago, Modfan2 said:

The jumping off the winter bridge talk here on December 12th is amazing! I remember going to Sunday River about this time in the early 90’s with no snow on the ground and they only had 26 runs open. I think winter of 95/96 didn’t get cranking until mid or end of January.

More like late November.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The amount of snow that piled up and trees that ripped down on homes and roads from the cmc over the years…folks are still cleaning up and rebuilding.

:D lol.  although I was talking more from a mental health toaster bath standpoint if nearly all of new England gets flooding rain that close to xmas

36 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Don't you love that? The only ones that give the weenie symbols are the same ones who post all the negative crap. They never have anything good to bring to the table. It makes me laugh every time I see it

They actually bring a lot of positive weather contributions....its just that they are viewing it through a different lens then some of us and a more accurate lens, as it turns out for this month.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

They actually bring a lot of positive weather contributions....its just that they are viewing it through a different lens than some of us and a more accurate lens, as it turns out for this month.

Sometimes a few of them will come in with some constructive info. But truly, read their posts, all they like to do is dig into people and push the knife in deeper. It's like they get pleasure out of it. That's what I don't like about their comments. But it's all good

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DJln491 said:

:D lol.  although I was talking more from a mental health toaster bath standpoint if nearly all of new England gets flooding rain that close to xmas

Its a precious few winter seasons that have resulted on much snow on the NE CP prior to Xmas...its easy to lose sight of that. Even 93-94 didn't kick off until after Xmas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJln491 said:

Yea. Big rainers around xmas are tough to take. The one in 2020 was maddening. We had a pack that got wiped out and flooded basements. Presents were seen floating down neighborhoods.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Sometimes a few of them will come in with some constructive info. But truly, read their posts, all they like to do is dig into people and push the knife in deeper. It's like they get pleasure out of it. That's what I don't like about their comments. But it's all good

Sure......but there is also some level of culpability for those that allow themselves to be triggered by it...which is a sentiment that is also born of something less than absolute objectivity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its a precious few winter seasons that have resulted on much snow on the NE CP prior to Xmas...its easy to lose sight of that. Even 93-94 didn't kick off until after Xmas.

True. What is the average for a white Christmas at say BDL.. like 20 +- percent?  It certainly doesn't happen often

• Like 1