Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

OH yeah ..I know.  And it's early.  I'm just feelin' a tad sarcastic this morning

No, I agree....know exactly what you mean...that cold/dry, rain....rinse-repeat cycle. I have been thinking that same thing. I just want to bring a pudding and small bag of Doritos to work, packed in a He-Man lunch box.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Also a very Niña-like Northern branch of the jet stream with the December 2010 La Niña flooding record getting challenged in parts of Washington State. Plus the wettest first week of December on record ahead of La Niña years 2007 and 1975.

Time Series Summary for Olympia Area, WA (ThreadEx)
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Ending Date
Total Precipitation Dec 1 to Dec 7
Missing Count
1 2023-12-07 6.73 2
2 2007-12-07 6.13 0
3 1975-12-07 5.91 0

Just as an FYI....Bluewave isn't all bad news.

I hit on the active N stream relative to expectation for a strong el Nino in my write up....this is why I don't expect the NE screw job that some do.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Light snow even here just began . Tiny weenie flakes and it’s very difficult to remain safe. 

22 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Congrats!

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

sure it's not paint? 

Good morning everyone. Please be ( as per DIT ) careful out there. Be well stay safe, as always …..

IMG_6954.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The system for Monday appears to be morphing into a cold front.   I mentioned this days ago ...that whole thing might not survive model de-magnification as it came into nearer terms.  It's weakened considerably over the southern Ontario bomb from early runs.  At this point, some of these guidance or more like a strong cold front with a stressed wave zipping up the boundary...also farther E of the Ontario transit - a hallmark of conserving the progressive/fast flow type.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is just a strong cold front in the end.  Interesting to see if it continues to morph that way. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The system for Monday appears to be morphing into a cold front.   I mentioned this days ago ...that whole thing might not survive model de-magnification as it came into nearer terms.  It's weakened considerably over the southern Ontario bomb from early runs.  At this point, some of these guidance or more like a strong cold front with a stressed wave zipping up the boundary...also farther E of the Ontario transit - a hallmark of conserving the progressive/fast flow type.

Would be surprised if this is just a strong cold front in the end.  Interesting to see if it continues to morph that way. 

I've notice this happening often on these as we get closer to the event that it becomes more progressive, Weaker and ends up further east overtime.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I've notice this happening often on these as we get closer to the event that it becomes more progressive, Weaker and ends up further east overtime.

Yeah it's a dependable kind of "correction vector"  - just an expression I use for/when evaluating these latter ranged aspects on the charts. We need to know if the pattern is:

1   progressive

2   retrogressive

3   delta between the two, and which direction...

If #1, the vector points toward like what you say. More than 50% of the time, at least some tendency to do that is expressed as latter range period/features are tracked into shorter range. Not always weakening.. Bombs can occur but will tend to be move right along. Uuusually though, some weakening will take place because 'speeding up' is mathematically a negative interference factor.  It's matter of balancing; if the wave is strong enough to overcome..etc

If #2, the vector points toward more amplitude - but also other things associated. Retrograde patterns aren't always 'bomby' either.  It can just mean slowing.  We also haven't seemingly observed a #2 hemisphere in quite a few years at this point.  Perhaps a times ... but by and large the longer term canvas has been a raging W-E boner pattern. 

If #3, get artistic and stand out as a special insight when not looking like an arrogant ass. 

• Like 1