Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

It was quick but nice to see the kid excited about the first snow of the year. shooting for a coating to an inch 

Some of the models may want to flip your wind more NE which might make it borderline, but any heavier echoes may help wetbulb you down to 32. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

well for those who hate the early sunsets were a few days away from the earliest sunset of the year. Starting next week we make all so ever slow improvements for later sunsets. Bad news for those who hate the late sunrise...still another 6 weeks until the sun starts rising earlier. 

It’s actually about a month away from the latest sunrise, and before we start gaining time in the morning.  But ya the earliest sunset is in a few more days.  But days are technically still getting shorter for another 16 plus days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

2011 was great.  2013 was great. 2015 was great.  2021 was pretty good too.  

Yeah I feel like you could extend it from 1992-2015. While 2018 and 2021 were good, those were clearly in a different paradigm where the crazy exciting stuff was becoming far less frequent. I mean, even in the 1980s we had the occasional bomb…they were just far outweighed by the torturous regimes of all shapes and sizes. 

For some, it’s 1993-2015…Scooter and the CT Valley would beg to differ about December 1992 being euphoric. 

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I feel like you could extend it from 1992-2015. While 2018 and 2021 were good, those were clearly in a different paradigm where the crazy exciting stuff was becoming far less frequent. I mean, even in the 1980s we had the occasional bomb…they were just far outweighed by the torturous regimes of all shapes and sizes. 

For some, it’s 1993-2015…Scooter and the CT Valley would beg to differ about December 1992 being euphoric. 

Yeah, I wasn’t too concerned about exact dates. I was being whimsical. 

I just know that we went through a really really good stretch where pretty much every year seemed to deliver at least winter …maybe it’s just been since 2020 or something I don’t know, but where I am there has not been a good winter since 2015.  I don’t really gather much praise around March events unless they’re rivals, or winters that give one sig event.

The reason I stopped at 2010 is because 2012 was probably the worst winter that I’ve ever experienced