• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

This is EXACTLY the timeframe when we want to see this too, historically the end of November is when we saw the longwave pattern shift into a canonical Nino look in those best years that show up in the analogs.  Doesn't mean we run straight through winter like this...the pattern will ebb and flow...there will be some reloads and temporary torches mixed in, Ji will definitely cancel winter a few times even after we get our first HECS (see 2010) but usually if the winter is going to be really good we start to see hints of it right about now.  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This is EXACTLY the timeframe when we want to see this too, historically the end of November is when we saw the longwave pattern shift into a canonical Nino look in those best years that show up in the analogs.  Doesn't mean we run straight through winter like this...the pattern will ebb and flow...there will be some reloads and temporary torches mixed in, Ji will definitely cancel winter a few times even after we get our first HECS (see 2010) but usually if the winter is going to be really good we start to see hints of it right about now.  

How many inches of digital snow at your house count for inches of real snow in the Nov 20-Dec 10 window?? B)

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

How many inches of digital snow at your house count for inches of real snow in the Nov 20-Dec 10 window?? B)

We could solve this problem right now... I've always wanted a snowmaking machine...  someone wants to donate...I could have a few inches on my lawn the next below freezing night!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

12z gfs wakes up the nino water hose.

Make that a BEAST MODE firehose, aimed straight at south central Texas! I crave several severe atmospheric rivers dumping billion year magnitude rain tallies. I want my aquifer water! Floods can be fascinating. We are soaked right now, and WE ARE PRIMED for most excellent runoff! :) I do not ask. I DEMAND severe moisture feeds from the deep Caribbean and deep South Pacific source regions. I am gonna cut to the chase: I demand October 30, 2015 times at least twenty. I just cannot help myself, I adore rising water levels so much. I have worshipfully watched this particular Fort Myers Beach, FL vid many, many times! I just wub rising water levels SO DAMN MUCH its unbelievable!

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Right on man ! From my record keeping going back to the 70's , that is what they indicate as well. I'm just hoping this new climate era won't cause it to be different. 

• Like 1

I am sensing that the atmosphere is beginning to feel El Nino..

The suppressed southeast system will steal moisture from Friday's potential as a little more northward influence allows greater stealing capability but this may be a positive signal for 5 - 15 days into the future.

I predict that moisture influx will improve over the tristate region beginning next week just in time for my month ago Thanksgiving predicted beginning Nino influence.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

We ran $300-$400 water AND power bills for D/J/F for several years when he was making snow.

EDIT- and that was 18-22 years ago.

Super cheap then.

Average residential main supply isn't adequate for snowmaking.  A pond and good centrifugal pump or irrigation system can fix that.  A Hale fire pump can work in a pinch as long as the head isn't too high.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic