Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

80 here.

I was even thinking bust up along Rt 2 this morning.  We were completely sun shut and shut out of the shenanigans through 11am.  Even had a set back shower around 10.  Felt like it was happening like at me, because I really want this last warm spell before we have to fully commit to piece of shit weather that is too cool to enjoy out side, but not cold enough to snow and is utterly useless to everybody

But, cleared all at once at 11:30 and the temp surged like it was July 2nd

• Like 1

that really is an eye-candy bomb there on that run.   man -

I mean, 1030mb high over Quebec with a 962 mb low passing between the islands and the BM.  68 kts of 1mb::1kt index rule later and a lot of people within turbulent mixing of the coast have no power for a long, long time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Most likely western conifer seed bugs if we want to be technical. ;)

Them and the ladies have been going insane the past 2 days.

and are those really 'ladybugs' or Asian lady beetles ...

the latter is an invasive species that look a goodly like the former but they are not the same.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Anger and hate from socio economic and political ideologies, which fuel a big chunk of mass murders, is not mental illness. We don’t view international terrorists as mentally ill. We blame religion extremism and the like but somehow domestic terrorism is immediately tied to it. Again, this guy apparently was mentally ill so the application is appropriate. 

This sucks anyway you slice it. Unfortunately it’s just another day in America.

Unfortunately, is right. I won't argue the illness aspect anymore... but IMO they are a form of illness, or brainwashing 

9 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Yes please

The synoptics are starting to line up for something. I’d favor NNE elevations of course this far out, but you have a shortwave amplifying into an already-established longwave trough with a 50/50 sig…the latter which will become very important for non-mountainous areas to see snow as that would help lock in a decent high to our north. 

Im not really going to get overly optimistic until we see another 36-48 hours of models parsing out the pattern, but we’re close enough around a week out to see the larger scale synoptic players taking hold beyond just clown range fodder. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The synoptics are starting to line up for something. I’d favor NNE elevations of course this far out, but you have a shortwave amplifying into an already-established longwave trough with a 50/50 sig…the latter which will become very important for non-mountainous areas to see snow as that would help lock in a decent high to our north. 

Im not really going to get overly optimistic until we see another 36-48 hours of models parsing out the pattern, but we’re close enough around a week out to see the larger scale synoptic players taking hold beyond just clown range fodder. 

this is not bad at all. full latitude ridge into AK allowing for pretty anomalous cold to move in behind the initial boundary. hopefully we can see the -NAO flex a bit to allow the 50/50 to trend stronger and less progressive. that is the key IMO

i am worried that the ECMWF is a bit too amped with that MW shortwave, though. would make sense given its biases

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-z500_anom-8775200.thumb.png.2e59a27b0666b50d5ce6ae4d535acbe1.png