Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wx2fish is up in Pittsburg NH and he had graupel too.

Had that classic “cold pool moving in aloft” type feel with numerous fast moving small broken lines of showers.  Precipitate for like 3-4 minutes, heavy for 1 minute in the core, then gone lol.  Repeat once every half hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Had that classic “cold pool moving in aloft” type feel with numerous fast moving small broken lines of showers.  Precipitate for like 3-4 minutes, heavy for 1 minute in the core, then gone lol.  Repeat once every half hour.

Did you get a tingling In your loins , it’s almost that time of the year for weenie mountain in Stowe to dump dentrites 

• Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Another massive EC pig ridge sets up late next week well into Nov . Will be no freezes till post Tgiving other than some fake radiation sites. 

I don't see warmth to be honest outside of a day or so. Just no big cold shots and if they do come, it's windy. First frosts in Deep South before us again.

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't see warmth to be honest outside of a day or so. Just no big cold shots and if they do come, it's windy. First frosts in Deep South before us again.

Looking forward to the first frost to tamp down all the bugs.  They're coming out in full force now which feels backwards for this time of year.  Problem is, when that first frost hits, the ladybugs begin their home infiltration for winter.

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t get the whole obsession with a frost? If the Deep South gets it before we do, good for them.  It’ll come when it’s ready.  I feel it has no bearing on the upcoming winter whatsoever.  

And I know you were just replying to Kevin…I’m just surprised at the concern over a frost by some folks. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I don’t get the whole obsession with a frost? If the Deep South gets it before we do, good for them.  It’ll come when it’s ready.  I feel it has no bearing on the upcoming winter whatsoever.  

And I know you were just replying to Kevin…I’m just surprised at the concern over a frost by some folks. 

Some people get antsy about it. I don't care either. Usually comes later in October around here. Sometimes early Novie. 

• Like 2