• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Just went out with the dogs (Golden Retriever, Australian Shepherd) to assess the damage. Season has started with, I'll call it a dusting. The grass didn't appear to cave fully, unless it has melted a good bit since 4:30 or so when I looked out my second story window, but the car tops did.

Watch this be the big event of the season up here lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

My yard is white. Was surprised.

Same down here. A bit more on the roofs, decks, car tops, etc than the grass which has a light dusting. 

First deck pic of the season haha 

IMG_4718.thumb.jpeg.a5f24c1eb6ec22cac63af08511bc5fc0.jpeg

• Like 4

What’s up fellas, thank God the cold months are back!

Some nice snow showers came through NW Cumberland County this morning but melted pretty much on contact at 36 degrees. Top half of the north mountain near doubling gap has snow on it so cold enough up there for stickage. Really cool look with the still fall colors.

Hoping for a big year this year!

• Like 6

Looks like quite a few reports of 4-5" out in the NW part of the state.  Very nice.  So, MDT ended the month at 59.0 (T-12th all time), a good bit lower than the 59.7 I predicted, due to it staying much cooler than the surrounding locales during the heat at the end of last week (not something we can say often ha).  They also ended up with only 1.69" of rain, whereas I had 2.9" at my house.  We should be in for a near-double digit negative departure for the first few days this month and then things moderate after that.  Carry on.

• Like 2

I hope so otherwise someone is coming away might disappointed and will need good news for a nooner.   Might need to send them to see Mag's giant deck. 
This reminded me of an old radio ad on 101.5 BOB Rocks out of Greencastle where their old morning dick, aptly named "Big Bob" was reading a spot about this restaurant/bar and their big deck and he finished the spot by saying "That's a huge deck!"

• Haha 2

October finished as the 29th warmest October with an average temperature of 56.3. The warmest October with now 130 years of observations was way back in 1900 at 61.3 degrees the coldest was the 47.1 degrees back in 1925. It was also the 32nd driest October with just 1.91" of rain falling. The all-time dry October was back in 1924 when a scant 0.05" of rain fell. The wettest October was just 11 years ago when 9.12" fell in 2012 with the impact of Hurricane Sandy across the area.
We saw some reported snow flurries not to far west of Chester County this morning and today will be a cold day for the 1st day of November with temps struggling to escape the mid-40's in the higher elevations and remaining in the upper 40's in lower spots. We will see our 1st widespread freeze tonight. I expect some higher spots of Western Chester County to dip below freezing as early as the 10pm hour this evening. So local farmers and green thumbs should be sure to bring in any tender vegetation. This will effectively end the growing season here in the County at 206 days since our last freeze back on April 9th. This is the longest growing season since the 231 days back in 2017. Our temps should start to rebound toward the weekend with sunny skies and above normal temps.
image.png.c8873a8a76ded1f4e78bb12e3fbc1e04.png
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 32 here with some light frost through the rurals. Tonight should be my first hard freeze. Congrats to those who saw their first white! 

as usual, you and I must wait for a more anomalous event for flakage, but that's ok.  Happy to see others scoring.  

• Like 1