• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

48 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I've been mostly lurking lately but have been watching Lee closely.

Here is a  guess on watching/warnings if the track holds serve with just noise adjustments as models settle in. When would watches go up?  5pm or 11pm advisory tomorrow?  Again, I'm just guessing so no flame throwing!

Hurricane Watch from Watch Hill RI, Cape Cod and the islands and up along the coast.  Inland high wind watch RI and Eastern Mass, NH and inland Maine. 

If the track stayed as, a guess might be that as the track locks in watches would change to tropical storm warning RI, Cape and Islands and Mass Coast.  Perhaps hurricane warning downeast Maine coast but with north winds would hurricane gusts be recorded or just tropical storm winds.

If I had to guess, it’d be expansive TS watches and a small hurricane watch zone. 34kt at the coast should be easy. Sustained 64kt will be hard, even at the Cape. Won’t be a cane by the time it gets to Maine. 

Watches up at 5pm

Tropical Storm Watch US/Canada border to Provincetown, MA.

Hurricane Watch Provincetown to Chatham, including Nantucket. 

Tropical Storm Watch west of Chatham to Point Judith including Block Island & Martha’s Vineyard. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Getting the ground wet and hoping that causes trees to uproot is like stealing a little kids ice cream cone. That's cheating. Give me the raw snapping power. 

Haha, as long as it’s on the ground when it ends, does it really matter how it got there?

Get some 10-15mph breezes and pay Ken to drop trees in the backyard for ambiance.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3