• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

Maybe we finally get our hurricane sometime in the next five years? We are long overdue anyways. Plus I see a lot of really bullish forecasts for the upcoming hurricane season. A lot of 1933 comparisons being tossed around. We all know what happened five years after 1933. Obviously it wouldn't be of that same magnitude but still it makes you wonder.

Ice fishing is cooked, at least on Flying Pond, unless we get several near-zero mornings (Unlikely).   Only about 1/2" RA but perhaps the same in snowmelt, raising the pond level 9-10", resulting in 5" water on the ice by the landing and a bathtub ring of water 1/4 mile away where I usually fish.  The big rock adjacent to the island, where I like to sit and wait, seemed okay until my first "dismount", when a 2' by 4' chunk broke away.  Took off one boot and stuck that leg into the 18" water on the narrowest gap rock-to-island, got my other boot on the edge of the steep bank, but something went wrong when I attempted to pivot on the wet leg, and I fell off to the side, once again proving that a 12" boot is inadequate in 18" water.   Drained what I could and stock it out another 2 hours (ice away from shore 11-12") with zero action, but the sunny 50 instead of the forecast 40-45 and cloudy made me antsy about getting off the ice without further drama.

• Like 5

Hundreds of geese in the fields, Farmington/New Sharon yesterday.  They may know something, since they wager hundreds of flying miles that the ground will be open enough to feed them.  If they're wrong, they're in trouble.  Monday at Flying Pond I saw one lone goose heading north - scouting?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Hundreds of geese in the fields, Farmington/New Sharon yesterday.  They may know something, since they wager hundreds of flying miles that the ground will be open enough to feed them.  If they're wrong, they're in trouble.  Monday at Flying Pond I saw one lone goose heading north - scouting?

I saw a large flock going north a few days ago and thought the same thing.

10 hours ago, amarshall said:

Wolf pack of robins in the yard today. Due they migrate or just disappear for the winter months? 

Robbins are in Massachusetts all winter but they are not necessarily the same ones you see in summer.  In the winter we probably have robbins from a little further north and our summer robins go a little further south.

• Like 2

The whales still have all the manipulative power.  I'm not invested but my guess is that the rug gets pulled out from under the retail investors, before the BTC halving in April.  
I put $1000 in couple yrs ago at 2400. Probably ought to cash out soon.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm watching a documentary on Blizzards and they are talking how the winter of 2009-2010 was great for the whole country.

We really need to get back to snowy winters. It will eventually happen but who knows when.

4 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I'm watching a documentary on Blizzards and they are talking how the winter of 2009-2010 was great for the whole country.

We really need to get back to snowy winters. It will eventually happen but who knows when.

Great for the whole country, except for New England as we watched huge storm dump feet of snow south of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1