Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

You getting treatment? My golfing buddy got it on his ass and has been getting radiation treatment after they cut it out, says it's been wiping him out and can't golf the Tourney Sat. Better than chemo, they think they got it and hopefully he's ok.

It’s not melanoma thankfully. It’s basal cell, same as Dave had, so no treatment required. I do have a few other spots the doc marked on her notes for her to check again on future visits. Light skin sucks. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s not melanoma thankfully. It’s basal cell, same as Dave had, so no treatment required. I do have a few other spots the doc marked on her notes for her to check again on future visits. Light skin sucks. 

When I was growing up nobody used sunblock etc.  we were outside all of the time.  I regularly got sunburned pretty bad…enough so I peeled big time.  

We were dumb in some ways

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Finally feels like Fall.

Is it really on schedule?

Oh, it's been torrid up to this point, but ironically an autumn reminiscent cool shot ( ahead of a TC no less, ha!), on or about the 15th of September seems pretty typical for me. 

The models have been hinting at a ridge in the east with maybe two or three days of positives ... D7+ ... haven't seen the 12z's yet

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Alot of the sugars locally are already brown. It got them 

That’s what this is!

I thought my lilacs all just up and died. All their leaves turn brown in their skeletal now. Just about out of nowhere. Never seen that before. That blurb specifically speaks of ‘yard trees’, and so forth, which lilacs certainly qualify. The leaf discoloration is the exact same pattern as those photographs.

41 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Alot of the sugars locally are already brown. It got them 

Yup. A ton of brown leaves on all species. It’s possible most species just brown out and drop. Around here we have absolutely zero color or change. It’s green/ brown . Typically by now you’ve got some change. Even the swamps browned out that are usually vibrant late Aug- early Sept 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. A ton of brown leaves on all species. It’s possible most species just brown out and drop. Around here we have absolutely zero color or change. It’s green/ brown . Typically by now you’ve got some change. Even the swamps browned out that are usually vibrant late Aug- early Sept 

This actually happened back in like 2018 or 2019 at my way one of those years

• Like 1