Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s gonna rain S of the pike…I think that’s the biggest takeaway, and has been for the last couple days.  Whether it’s an inch, or 3+ is the bigger question.  But wet is wet. 

Depends how you look at it. Then snow is snow too…right? 

If we’re gauging model performance though, it does matter what falls this weekend. 

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Depends how you look at it. Then snow is snow too…right? 

If we’re gauging model performance though, it does matter what falls this weekend. 

Depends what matters to you too. As was mentioned before about nobody really caring if it’s .75-1” or 3” with regard to rain…it’s still a rainy damp weekend. And the controversy yesterday and Thursday was about maybe it being dry today, and being able to salvage the weekend.  

Sure the modeling performance matters…but it matters more for us when it’s snow, and as silly as it sounds, it’s true.

But I understand your point Luke, and it does look like, at least today the modeling that showed less accumulation of rain, is more correct. But that may not be the case tomorrow into Monday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wolf won’t like this discussion but foliage is brutal. Every single yellow/ orange maple in a typical year are all brown and crinkly and falling. It appears maybe the only species not affected that will show any color this year are the red maples.. and even those appear to be muted.

It’s all good bro. Maybe it’ll be a lousy year for the leaves.  We’ll know for sure in a couple more weeks.  Sometimes it can surprise us as we approach peak. All the rain may throw it off this year though…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wolf won’t like this discussion but foliage is brutal. Every single yellow/ orange maple in a typical year are all brown and crinkly and falling. It appears maybe the only species not affected that will show any color this year are the red maples.. and even those appear to be muted.

Mine are just starting to turn but look ok.   Prob won’t be a great year

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s not great.  Looks weird. But it still has time to pull it together for an October show.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Mine are just starting to turn but look ok.   Prob won’t be a great year

I’ll try and grab a few pictures. I’m not sure of the exact type species maple.. but this area is loaded with them and they typically turn orange and yellow. Every single one of them is crispy brown and just dropping. That particular species was crushed by the fungus