Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discobs 2023

George BM

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

Leaves are really beginning to pop out here for those wanting to get some early peeping.  This weekend should be really nice.  The following weekend as well, the recent rains give me confidence we won't have a quick leaf drop and the colors should last for a while.

I definitely want to get out there sometime. Wife has been wanting to do a weekend trip with our girls, so maybe in the next couple weeks.

Heading to Berryville for apple picking this Saturday. Won't be quite what it's like by you, but should be starting to show some color.

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

Leaves are really beginning to pop out here for those wanting to get some early peeping.  This weekend should be really nice.  The following weekend as well, the recent rains give me confidence we won't have a quick leaf drop and the colors should last for a while.

Will be out there next Saturday.  Hoping it's near peak.

4 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

so we go dry now for a little while...is this how this thing works?

This is not unusual after a tropical system.

The GFS believes a cold front associated with a temporary pattern shift in about a week will bring some moisture back into the picture. 

September/October often get dry without tropical contribution.

7 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

53.9/51.0 and STILL socked in the low clouds here... maybe later this afternoon we will get to see the sun again. On the plus side all the grass I planted in the new area I extended the yard a bit is up and thriving. 

So, the sun has ALMOST broken thru the cloud cover at 3 pm, first 'brightness' in several days.

• mappy unpinned this topic