Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2023 General Discussion

Chambana

2 hours ago, Chambana said:

Drought in June, and now things are lush green. Amazing. 

I agree. We are almost to the third week of August and the grass is still green and growing here. I am not complaining as I like the smell of fresh cut grass but usually in August we are in the hot and drys here. 

4 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

I agree. We are almost to the third week of August and the grass is still green and growing here. I am not complaining as I like the smell of fresh cut grass but usually in August we are in the hot and drys here. 

Yeah, it's like this whole spring/summer decided to do everything backwards. Although not unheard of in recent years. Anecdotally 2018 and 2021 were similar IMBY. Boring and dry springs/early summers followed by much more active from mid-July and/or August on.

6 hours ago, weatherbo said:

A coolish morning with a low of 49. 

Fall-like system stays south of the UP today with a fourth day of highs in the mid-60's before a warming trend tomorrow.
Leaves becoming a tad bit more noticeable. Hard to believe frost can come into play in a couple weeks.

126987590_thumbnail(10).thumb.jpg.8aea03955ac4990232ae57744803195f.jpg

Maples always start showing Fallish sometime in mid to late Aug, depending on the temps, and precip. They seem to be pretty sensitive. If we don't get more rains around here, going to be a dull, brownish color leaf season.

18 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Maples always start showing Fallish sometime in mid to late Aug, depending on the temps, and precip. They seem to be pretty sensitive. If we don't get more rains around here, going to be a dull, brownish color leaf season.

There are even a few maples, granted very few and far between that are turning a bit even in Columbus Ohio 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

There are even a few maples, granted very few and far between that are turning a bit even in Columbus Ohio 

The hybrid maples that are crossed with Silver Maple are changing around here a bit already. I have two big multi-trunk Freeman Maples in the backyard that a couple sections typically turn a deep red almost maroon in August while the rest of the tree is still green. 

583C7CC3-2403-42CA-8328-9B049ACCA7B0.jpeg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, roardog said:

No. You’ll be lucky to get one “hot” day there. Maybe Saturday?

Sun shines on a dogs ass once in awhile and if it does this time it’s gonna shine hot! :sizzle: Down in Columbus it’s looking like 5-6 days of potential Mid 90s. Hopefully a big boomer to make it all worth it