• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

We need a good winter.  Many spirits are broken around here today.  

I sold my sleds last winter and the shiz winter was a lot easier to take mentally, so for me the hobby is just the snow storms and whats otg.  Sill sucked this year but I was less invested.  

If we can get some baraclonicity  this winter from warm coastal waters maybe something will pop a couple times.  Not sure if there is evidence there is a meaningful impact from it.  

3 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

We need a good winter.  Many spirits are broken around here today.  

I sold my sleds last winter and the shiz winter was a lot easier to take mentally, so for me the hobby is just the snow storms and whats otg.  Sill sucked this year but I was less invested.  

If we can get some baraclonicity  this winter from warm coastal waters maybe something will pop a couple times.  Not sure if there is evidence there is a meaningful impact from it.  

Nah not broken. Just older. 

Also, part of the allure for me is the ability to witness things I've never experienced before. I think the last 15 years has checked off all the boxes. What more is there? I remember up until the Bliz of '96, the 2' storm was on my list. Every year the thought of being balls deep was a huge driver as we headed into winter. I've been fortunate enough to see some things I could only dream of growing up in the 80s. I'm very humbled by that. 

47 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s similar to 2’nd beach in Newport , there is a slight bay component . Nantucket S side is 67 today . Must be shallow here , water is actually mild . Some little terd stung me on back of my leg ..laying down , not sure what is biting here but damn that was not relaxing 

Green head flies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

81 here ... probably not too far from the average high up here N of Rt 2 in Mass for July 31.

FIT is 81, too. 

DP is in the Chamber range at 55 ... 

I suspect our "cooler than normal" aspect may be more so in the dew point temperatures than the kinetic side.  It's interesting that we are in a cool pattern now and have plummeted to a smug win when we're "normal"   haha. 

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

you actually have CBs rollen over the ridge lines though - "little" more than just oreographic.  Probably some vaguely described impulse adding some.

Yeah I think there was a weak shortwave swinging through providing some deeper layer ascent above the topography.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

81 here ... probably not too far from the average high up here N of Rt 2 in Mass for July 31.

FIT is 81, too. 

DP is in the Chamber range at 55 ... 

I suspect our "cooler than normal" aspect may be more so in the dew point temperatures than the kinetic side.  It's interesting that we are in a cool pattern now and have plummeted to a smug win when we're "normal"   haha. 

Interesting.

Up here yesterday max was 73F while normal is 79F (-6)… mins were up but day averaged -3F.

Today I think we snuck up to 72F (been holding upper 60s to low 70s). But it’ll be another -6 or -7.

BTV is third day below normal, past two were -5.

Not huge but we are stringing together a few actual below normal days.

Step down seems to be CVT to CNH?

5CBD89B5-9745-4756-8586-AB66561F3AF3.gif.c3b615f7a16b1b475e9063045302a490.gif

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting.

Up here yesterday max was 73F while normal is 79F (-6)… mins were up but day averaged -3F.

Today I think we snuck up to 72F (been holding upper 60s to low 70s). But it’ll be another -6 or -7.

Average high I believe s 83-84 for that area at CP elevation but Inland  . Nashua’s is 83.5 apparently . Could see on a graph the absolute max seems to be 84 on July 24 and then a little plateau and a very subtle slow trickle to about 82 on Aug 9

Took neighbors kayaks out , they had been outside in a wooded area for a few months  , carried it down to the water (apparently they hadn’t been used for a while ) There were four of us (two kids)

when I lifted the padded (hooked in back rest /seats ) up there was a good 50 + earwigs spiders and critters all running for their lives , the kids were already in the kayaks , they began screaming for their lives as these things crawled all over them ..good times .

Better sacrifice the kids bc the Amount of critters in that thing reminded me of Indiana jones when they found that secret underground tunnel next to their hotel room and they were walking And all they heard was crunching . Ended up having a nice hour kayak after.

77 F craigsville beach 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Stick with Scooter and ensembles . It is coming 

It's not big heat, but probably turning more humid with mid to upper 80s or so. Depends on how fronts get hung up. Some models show it just south which would be a bit cooler, albeit still humid. Maybe another shot of lower dews later Saturday into Monday.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not big heat, but probably turning more humid with mid to upper 80s or so. Depends on how fronts get hung up. Some models show it just south which would be a bit cooler, albeit still humid. Maybe another shot of lower dews later Saturday into Monday.

Yeah no big heat until post Aug 15.. but there’s plenty of high dews and storms coming starting Friday and beyond . There seems to be a few confused that think it’s 70’s and COC for the rest of the summer . Most of Aug after this week looks humid and July like in terms of pattern , wetness and dews. She ain’t a coc k pattern for anyone . Honestly noones cares about heat.. all they/ we want are high humidity 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting.

Bluebird sky until 430 scattered now. 81⁰ absolute stunner 

56 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Took neighbors kayaks out , they had been outside in a wooded area for a few months  , carried it down to the water (apparently they hadn’t been used for a while ) There were four of us (two kids)

when I lifted the padded (hooked in back rest /seats ) up there was a good 50 + earwigs spiders and critters all running for their lives , the kids were already in the kayaks , they began screaming for their lives as these things crawled all over them ..good times .

Better sacrifice the kids bc the Amount of critters in that thing reminded me of Indiana jones when they found that secret underground tunnel next to their hotel room and they were walking And all they heard was crunching . Ended up having a nice hour kayak after.

77 F craigsville beach 

That's a riot. Yea helluva year for earwicks 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah no big heat until post Aug 15.. but there’s plenty of high dews and storms coming starting Friday and beyond . There seems to be a few confused that think it’s 70’s and COC for the rest of the summer . Most of Aug after this week looks humid and July like in terms of pattern , wetness and dews. She ain’t a coc k pattern for anyone . Honestly noones cares about heat.. all they/ we want are high humidity 

You say this with a straight face but in reality everyone and their brother was happy the stank broke. Broke back

• Like 3