Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
August model and weather disco

weathafella

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You say this with a straight face but in reality everyone and their brother was happy the stank broke. Broke back

I will be shocked if we aren’t quite summery by late next week.   Now you may say the back by them is broken but do you say that about winter on your birthday?  More or less equivalent in opposite seasons.

50 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I will be shocked if we aren’t quite summery by late next week.   Now you may say the back by them is broken but do you say that about winter on your birthday?  More or less equivalent in opposite seasons.

ACATT doesn’t like to hear that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Honestly noones cares about heat.. all they/ we want are high humidity 

:lol: Part of me thinks you just like high dews and say you don’t care about heat because it’s what your backyard does well.

Heat is largely a fail, big diurnal swings are a fail, can’t mix out low RH, compressional warming or radiational cooling, but those elevated NE CT forests can crush the humid 12-degree diurnal swing between 70-82F with the best of them.  That’s pretty much the Woodstock climo too. Temp just lives in that zone.

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

:lol: Part of me thinks you just like high dews and say you don’t care about heat because it’s what your backyard does well.

Heat is largely a fail, big diurnal swings are a fail, can’t mix out low RH, compressional warming or radiational cooling, but those elevated NE CT forests can crush the humid 12-degree diurnal swing between 70-82F with the best of them.  That’s pretty much the Woodstock climo too. Temp just lives in that zone.

That’s what I like. High humidity. I could not care less about 90’s. Sure that’s an added bonus along with dews, but not needed. As long as it’s humid (which is 65 and above) I am perfectly content. June 20- this past Sunday was absolutely ideal . Dews every single day, plenty of thunderstorms and no worry whatsoever about being too cool at night or having to think about bringing a long sleeve or hoodie at night . Thankfully coming right back end of week and beyond . 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s what I like. High humidity. I could not care less about 90’s. Sure that’s an added bonus along with dews, but not needed. As long as it’s humid (which is 65 and above) I am perfectly content. June 20- this past Sunday was absolutely ideal . Dews every single day, plenty of thunderstorms and no worry whatsoever about being too cool at night or having to think about bringing a long sleeve or hoodie at night . Thankfully coming right back end of week and beyond . 

Yeah I don’t think my parents place ever really hits 90F nor does it drop below 60F.  It just loves to be humid and like 70-84F around the clock, little diurnal changes.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don’t think my parents place ever really hits 90F nor does it drop below 60F.  It just loves to be humid and like 70-84F around the clock, little diurnal changes.

Today great example here .. Low was 60.4 and high was 76.4.  No unwanted  50’s in Julorch . Small diurnal day.

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Buy a shawl If you feel threatened by cool temperatures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

Tenor and teles. Typhoon recurve sets up neg epo at worst we high dews when it's raining so you can take a shower on your hike. Bring the Head and Shoulders lol.Love ya OLD man Winter!!!

14 hours ago, weathafella said:

We always start hearing the crap about the sun getting higher, blah, blah....no denying tushys don't broil in the car as much in August.

11 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Augdüst is our second hottest month and is mid summer.  No ACATT wishcasting will change this hot hard fact. 

It is for sure . But this airmass is June like and is certainly putting a nice dent into August’s ability to be excessively hot, which we are leveraging to troll those who like dews causing TP to stick to their cheeks and pretending it’s enjoyable . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3