Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August model and weather disco

weathafella

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Who are you and what have you done to Brian.

I'm bored of the pattern and all of the heavy rain. I'm in favor of the change-up with numerous fronts in the extended. I'm not looking forward to cold season, but an early/mid September climo pattern would be great.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Hot as ballz in Europe.  Another day over 30C and sweating walking around.

Checking in back home, looks like MVL at home is 63F at 2pm… ha. August 19th and low-60s in the afternoon?

lol at SLK at 53F.  That’s like woodstove weather in August.

You know it’s going to be like 85F on Halloween at this point with kids sweating through costumes.

4FF197B9-16EA-4885-A7C9-B2DF6D347A75.gif.bbf182b3268a84b63b03450ce0527c90.gif

In January, this day is one of those that has snow showers on and off all day. I even told the guys I was playing golf with that the mountains looked like they were shrouded in snow on an off all day. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

As miserable as this summer has been it's still been better than the Yank's summer

I mailed  in their season in June. I saw writing on wall . I absolutely hate Cashman and what he has done to this franchise. I do find it funny that Sox fans love kicking Yanks fans when team is down , yet Sox won’t make postseason either. 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

Floyd was downgraded to TS and maybe even to TD before it got to New England. Tons of rain though.

Bob the eye went right over Bristol. Lots of damage here. I was 13 and remember helping remove tree branches and leaves all over the place.

Bob was probably a bit offshore by the time it reached Maine's latitude, but it's the only time in Maine (lived in Gardiner then) that I saw the backside NW winds be as strong as the frontside southeasterlies, probably gusting 50s to 60.  Some acres had blowdowns pointing in opposite directions.  Had 6.41", greatest one-day rain I've measured; about 95% fell before the wind shift.

Sounds like away from the S coast is crappy today , thou Some have complained about the summer for the last 20 days 

Great day for working outside - PC, breezy, upper 60s, a few showers around but even if one hits here, it will be over in a couple minutes.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I'm bored of the pattern and all of the heavy rain. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

At least you had warmth and threats of downpours

Has to be the rainiest summer I can remember in Stowe.  Feel like 2011 had it’s moments and there were some months here and there very wet… but not like this year’s multi-month deluge.

The EF2 tornado went across 295 about 2 miles from my house. Multiple witnesses said it picked up a car heading north about 10 to 12 feet off the ground and carried it across the median spinning while in the air and dropped it on the south bound side. Tree damage was unbelievable. Snapped 15 to 20 feet above the ground. I called my daughter at home. She said wind wasn't crazy bad. Wpri.com has a video from a Tesla cam that shows the tornado race across the highway.

• Like 3

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Just drove into Scotland CT, pure Tor path maybe 75 yds wide, near a 1?

Honestly I felt in reviewing the data that Scotland had the best looking storm of anyone yesterday from a radar perspective.  The Scituate tornado was a strong embedded spinup behind the leading edge but Scotland had borderline supercell characteristics.

7 minutes ago, radarman said:

Honestly I felt in reviewing the data that Scotland had the best looking storm of anyone yesterday from a radar perspective.  The Scituate tornado was a strong embedded spinup behind the leading edge but Scotland had borderline supercell characteristics.

Excellent view of the path. Could not stop because of tree work.