Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

15 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Bet you wish you stayed in Florida. 41 days with heat advisories.

No, talking with my neighbors the past few weeks and it has been ridiculous; while I might miss Dec-Mar weather I am happy to be back and only really need AC for a month or two.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Amazing persistent pattern, will 180 for the winter

Yeah it’s interesting how this little part of the country wants to trough whole so much of the country torches.

I’m not even trying to troll those who want high heat or dews… if the models showed a monster ridge over NE we’d talk about it too.

Zero doubt in my mind we’ll be wishing we had these low height anomalies this winter.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s interesting how this little part of the country wants to trough whole so much of the country torches.

I’m not even trying to troll those who want high heat or dews… if the models showed a monster ridge over NE we’d talk about it too.

Zero doubt in my mind we’ll be wishing we had these low height anomalies this winter.

You in Munich?

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There's been a signal via telecon that emerged some 2.5 weeks ago.  But where? right -

Persistence argues brightly ... not in New England. And frankly, what's emerged since among the operational guidance members, is a compromised(ing) solution between that aspect you've been musing over ( the trough reloading for different reasons imaginable ..heh), and a west biased climo dome.  I don't see any reason why said compromise cannot be so...  We'll have to see. 

I'll just reserve one observation ... the ensemble means are more coherent than the operational runs have been, and... offer some suggestion that while the ridge is likely west biased ...the eastern end would still allow under belly heat episodes.   I'm not sure the runs overall are not too amplified over the Maritimes, too -

11 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Is this legit? Lol

Screenshot_20230815_205536_X.jpg

It's tough to say. They're on a little island in the Persian Gulf. Dews near 90F happen. They were in one of those situations with mid 80s dews overnight and then the temp rose and then they dried and mixed out with easterly flow. The dew shot up in the morning with the temp rise, but I'm not sure what their equipment is and if the 97F was real. Sometimes moisture condenses on the sensors when there's a temp rise...or they had some dew evaporate off as the temp climbed. Either way, it's pretty brief and par for the course out there. It's been intolerable living out there forever.

station OIKQ network IR__ASOS.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

It's tough to say. They're on a little island in the Persian Gulf. Dews near 90F happen. They were in one of those situations with mid 80s dews overnight and then the temp rose and then they dried and mixed out with easterly flow. The dew shot up in the morning with the temp rise, but I'm not sure what their equipment is and if the 97F was real. Sometimes moisture condenses on the sensors when there's a temp rise...or they had some dew evaporate off and the temp climbed. Either way, it's pretty brief and par for the course out there. It's been intolerable living out there forever.

I was in Dubai in 2014 and it's gross there. It's humid in the low levels but with a ridiculous cap so you get no convection. I think we had a reading of 105/83 at one point without a cloud in the sky.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was in Dubai in 2014 and it's gross there. It's humid in the low levels but with a ridiculous cap so you get no convection. I think we had a reading of 105/83 at one point without a cloud in the sky.

Been there a couple of times, but just passing through en route to Uganda.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

52 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Brrrrraaapppp.

Austria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia on the list.

Have no idea what time or day it is, ha. The overnight flights get me every time.

Looks like it’s raining at home. What else is new.

It is. .36 so far. I have the day off for Battle of Bennington Day. Sucks to have this type of weather for it.