Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

While it's raining. Wed Thursday look spectacular. Surf was huge yesterday.  Just got back from a morning swim in the lake. Definitely cooled. My pool got down to 72 yesterday morning.  Will be heating up today. What a weekend 

Another missing swimmer at Misquamicut yesterday, second in a week!  

• Sad 2

Both yesterday and today have been beautiful-no doubt about that.   2nd half of August definitely looks like bigger heat is more likely mitigated a bit by the calendar.   Busy week as we are going to a family event in Chicago.   Wife flies Wednesday, daughter Thursday, me Friday thanks to different schedules this week.   Should be similar wx there.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Both yesterday and today have been beautiful-no doubt about that.   2nd half of August definitely looks like bigger heat is more likely mitigated a bit by the calendar.   Busy week as we are going to a family event in Chicago.   Wife flies Wednesday, daughter Thursday, me Friday thanks to different schedules this week.   Should be similar wx there.

We are gonna torch for a week or so at least but all bets off for last 10 days of the month. Not July persistence 

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Landphoon, coming to VT?

I’ve been in Chicago since Thursday for old HS friends wedding. 8 high school buddies all made the trip. Dude owns 4 restaurants and 2 breweries in western burbs. We hit one each night and played golf Thursday and Friday . Wedding was yesterday. Currently enjoying a beer in Detroit Rock City airport waiting for connector home. That thing moved south of us yesterday but it was just enough to ruin the day with light rain and then at 5:00 at wedding time , it cleared up . 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve been in Chicago since Thursday for old HS friends wedding. 8 high school buddies all made the trip. Dude owns 4 restaurants and 2 breweries in western burbs. We hit one each night and played golf Thursday and Friday . Wedding was yesterday. Currently enjoying a beer in Detroit Rock City airport waiting for connector home. That thing moved south of us yesterday but it was just enough to ruin the day with light rain and then at 5:00 at wedding time , it cleared up . 

Man sounds like a great time.Have a safe flight 

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't think a few strong/severe storms can be ruled out tomorrow night. That's a pretty solid surge of high theta-e air with a pretty impressive llvl jet and strong sfc low passing to our northwest. Should be some severe potential Tuesday, though looks pretty messy. Perhaps better moving towards New Hampshire and Maine? 

Looks like a kinda road trip to PA day???

54F.

I’m sure the summer steam bath is coming back hard, but yesterday was our 9th straight day of below normal departures (MVL and BTV).

Last time the temperature hit 80F was 10 days ago, lows in the 40s and 50s.

The well-advertised troughing seemed to actually come through for a 10-day stretch in mid-summer.

• Like 2