• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

Not to be dick but my original assessment this morning stands as far as I'm concerned.   A Met looks out the window, confirms the scunge sky on satellite, threw hands.  He was right.  I've lived around SNE for 35 years ...I've seen almost no severe days that I can really recall that were ass packed by spooge clouds all day.  I think June 1997 did ...but that was a pig synoptically force S/W scenario, which this "taint"

However, ...there are still lapse rates in the area and as the cold front limps into the region later this evening, there may be some lesser activity associated closer to that forcing.  

We just didn't generate any SB CAPE.  Everywhere you see slow moving red nuggets on radar, there was at least some partial sun within reach of the updrafts

DETOUR LARGE TRUCKS - RUTLAND TOWN/RUTLAND CITY

State of Vermont

Department of Public Safety

Vermont State Police

Rutland Barracks

News Release - Highway / Traffic Notification

All large trucks whose destination is north of Rutland City via US 7 are asked to detour via US 4 West and then 22A or RT 30 NB to access destinations north of Rutland City.  US 7 NB through Rutland City is not suitable for any large vehicles at this time.  This is due to flooding and road closures in the area.

Updates will be provided as details are available.

Motorists should expect delays in the area or seek alternate routes.  Please drive carefully.

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to be dick but my original assessment this morning stands as far as I'm concerned.   A Met looks out the window, confirms the scunge sky on satellite, threw hands.  He was right.  I've lived around SNE for 35 years ...I've seen almost no severe days that I can really recall that were ass packed by spooge clouds all day.  I think June 1997 did ...but that was a pig synoptically force S/W scenario, which this "taint"

However, ...there are still lapse rates in the area and as the cold front limps into the region later this evening, there may be some lesser activity associated closer to that forcing.  

We just didn't generate any SB CAPE.  Everywhere you see slow moving red nuggets on radar, there was at least some partial sun within reach of the updrafts

Wasn’t July 3, 1997 predominately cloudy too?