Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday, July 27, 2023 Severe Weather Potential

weatherwiz

16 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I can count on one hand how many severe storms we've had since moving into our house in 2013. I enjoy watching the naples causeway cam. Songo Queen just got back and it looks pretty cloudy there. Be interested to see what happens with the line coming.

Yea it's been solid overcast draw the shades mood all day. The line arrived here about ten minutes ago and the only thing noteworthy is torrential rain. No thunder or wind or anything like what's happening in NH and SNE.

The only excitement I've seen in Harrison is the mini tornado outbreak back in July 2018. Multiple hits in Bridgton and one lifted as it crossed long lake moving into Harrison.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I can count on one hand how many severe storms we've had since moving into our house in 2013. I enjoy watching the naples causeway cam. Songo Queen just got back and it looks pretty cloudy there. Be interested to see what happens with the line coming.

I can count on my thumbs the severe TS I've experienced since moving to Maine in 1973, though a 3rd one hit our Fort Kent home while I was in the woods 35 miles to the west, where we had a sprinkle with the gust front.  Neither of the two were at our place - one was in the woods about 20 miles south of MLT and the other was at the Farmington office.  Lots of close ones, though, especially 8/30/2007 when several thousand acres were defoliated - some partially debarked - by hail 6-8 miles SE from our current home.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

I can count on my thumbs the severe TS I've experienced since moving to Maine in 1973, though a 3rd one hit our Fort Kent home while I was in the woods 35 miles to the west, where we had a sprinkle with the gust front.  Neither of the two were at our place - one was in the woods about 20 miles south of MLT and the other was at the Farmington office.  Lots of close ones, though, especially 8/30/2007 when several thousand acres were defoliated - some partially debarked - by hail 6-8 miles SE from our current home.

I should rephrase to say that we've never had a severe, by definition storm, but not many "bad" storms

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Just imagine for 1 minute you get a direct hit. House is leveled. I wouldn't want that for anyone! 
Life and property when all is said and done should override the want of one.  
I get it but...

I agree with you but you can't tell him anything, just roots for damage damage damage