Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 16, 2023 Flooding & Tornado Potential

WxWatcher007

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You all are something lol. I did t say it wasn’t going to rain here. But like I’ve said, look at the water totals over the last few weeks compared to here. Is what it is.

Is this location for you the lat/long you gave me?

image.png

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No big deal here in N. Middlesex Co along Rt 2 ...so far.   Area buckets coming in with ave 1.75 so ... more like a just maintaining what is becoming a extraordinarily wet summer. 

I have two suspicions ( barring a hemispheric change) 

1, we may end up with a multi-month cumulative record for rainfall. 

2, we may set a dew point record - not sure of any sources where that is tracked.

Also, interesting that we have dim sun with enough intensity to warm the shoulders here, despite light rain still falling/rad verified.  The temp is 76 and the DP is 74.   I was not expecting 'brightening' really of any kind, as per satellite ( vis ) ... really didn't/doesn't make it very clear ( pun intended ...) that the sun would be penetrating.  

A few of us have been talking record dews the last several weeks. What a stretch since about June 20th or so . 

Reminiscent of 1938.. the wet summer, the GL trough… and then ……

• Weenie 3

Skies seem to be brightening a bit in Newtonville between the batch moving off-shore and the next round coming ashore in SE CT?

Also, unless the radar fills in soon, file below under you know this would happen?  Rain shield seems spotty at best in Central NH currently.

3 hours ago, LSC97wxnut said:

NASCAR canceled today's race in Loudon already and they almost never do that this early.

Now watch the backside of the line will blow through by 2:30-3:00 and it not rain up there the rest of the day.