Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Banter 2023

George BM

1 hour ago, toolsheds said:

Cowser?   The team definitely has the next man up mentality, so they should be fine. How long is Hicks out for, I thought it was only a cramping issue. 

Probably.  I'm assuming if Hicks hits the IL McKenna is on a plane to Philly

• Like 1

It's time to break out the billion keggers! I am SO happy and excited about this! It is going to happen within my own lifetime! WOOOOOO---HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The AMOC is going to collapse! WOW!!!!! We are going to hit a critical desalinization point! Cue in a quadrillion smileys!

Earth is at risk of catastrophic climate collapse 'as early as 2025' | Tech News | Metro News

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Heading to HHI next week. Temps are forecast to stay in the 80s, which really isn't all that bad, though getting out in the sun will bake you pretty quick. Lows will be in the upper 70s, which sucks, but that's pretty normal.

You better check that forecast again mattie. 90s all week

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

Heading to HHI next week. Temps are forecast to stay in the 80s, which really isn't all that bad, though getting out in the sun will bake you pretty quick. Lows will be in the upper 70s, which sucks, but that's pretty normal.

We are driving out to Grand Canyon the last two weeks of Aug into 1st week of Sep...taking 4-5 -ish days to go out, same to come back, and stay 2-3 days at at GC in between, with the idea of staying in a different town/state each night on the trip that we've never visited. My wife and I have flown over that part of the country countless times...but I want to SEE it FROM the ground for a change!

Two minor stops I'm looking forward to seeing -- Winslow, AZ (where, apparently, there's a statue/park dedicated to the famous line from the Eagles' song "Take It Easy") and Truth or Consequences, NM, to visit not just their apparently famous hot springs but also to have bragging rights that we've visited "Truth or Consequences, NM."  :) 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Doesn't matter it's all going to feel the same. Not much difference between 93 and 89. Enjoy your week. You picked a good one

Been there in July-August plenty of times and I *know* it'll be soupy no matter what, but a few degrees can make a difference. I'm just looking for a small silver lining in all the tropical clouds down there this time of year!

On 7/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, Chris78 said:

I'm so glad we saved Bautista for tonight. 

:thumbsdown:

The Os should really focus more on the bullpen for pitching help- at least one more solid middle reliever is probably a must if they want to get anywhere in the postseason. A starter would be nice too, but not easy to get without giving up pitching prospects, and then someone gets displaced. Means should be back at some point too, probably early September.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

We are driving out to Grand Canyon the last two weeks of Aug into 1st week of Sep...taking 4-5 -ish days to go out, same to come back, and stay 2-3 days at at GC in between, with the idea of staying in a different town/state each night on the trip that we've never visited. My wife and I have flown over that part of the country countless times...but I want to SEE it FROM the ground for a change!

Two minor stops I'm looking forward to seeing -- Winslow, AZ (where, apparently, there's a statue/park dedicated to the famous line from the Eagles' song "Take It Easy") and Truth or Consequences, NM, to visit not just their apparently famous hot springs but also to have bragging rights that we've visited "Truth or Consequences, NM."  :) 

Sound like an awesome trip!

Like you, I've flown over the GC plenty of times and would like to see it up close, but I don't see my wife wanting to hop in a car and make a road trip across the country...nor experience a huge (if cool) crack in the ground. Might have to make a quick trip out there on my own. :lol:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Enjoy! Son and I did that back in 2017, had a blast. Stop in Williams while you are in the neighborhood, they have some neat neon stuff there on old Rt 66. Stood on 'the corner' in Winslow and took a pic or two. I'll be a 'captive audience' during those dates as we are doing a cruise down the inside passage during that time. I'm more interested in the 3-4 days we are in Anchorage and interior before that starts lol. A great way to start retirement, last 'work' day is August 18 and last day on the schedule will be September 3rd as I burn up the remaining vacation. First 'free from job day' will be Labor Day, sorta funny in a way. I made a goal to myself to be out before 60 about a year after I lost my 1st wife suddenly, this will be a promise kept. I just didn't plan on having another wife to do things with, but things happen in mysterious (and good) ways sometimes lol. :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CAPE said:

The Os should really focus more on the bullpen for pitching help- at least one more solid middle reliever is probably a must if they want to get anywhere in the postseason. A starter would be nice too, but not easy to get without giving up pitching prospects, and then someone gets displaced. Means should be back at some point too, probably early September.

Agreed. Bull pen help is probably there biggest need.

The only concern about the starters is 80% of their rotation is approaching career highs in inning pitched.

Wells has already surpassed his career high  and he may be hitting a wall. Atleast by the looks of his last 2 outing.

Don't know if it's feasible but they may want to consider a 6 man rotation if they can to help their young pitchers down the stretch

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic