Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Strangely the deer flies haven’t been as bad as normal.    I think they are just delayed

It's been a very strange year. As I've mentioned before no Black flies and the wasps have been delayed. Guessing that's the same with the deer flies delayed but not denied.

• Like 2

Perfect weather in my view.  We walked mid day around Scranton, PA and then drove back to Boston.   Waze routed us up the thruway via the pike’s west extension south of Albany.  Anything to avoid the insane traffic west of Hartford!  Several little pop up storms.  In clear air car read upper 80s to 90 even at 1500k.   Soft mid summer night-time for a walk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Regionwide rainfall looks to continue over the next two weeks.  All models show positive northeast precip anomalies going forward.  

Humid pattern and high PWATS seem to limit Stein.  Not a dry pattern. Personally I always like a NYC to PWM/AUG line for maximum interaction of Atlantic moisture with inland forcing.

F99DA29C-E9ED-41A7-A7E3-F4374505297A.thumb.png.1ada0e534254eb57671cb54798e67881.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

:lol:

Looks like the convective temperature was around 80 or so. If the convective temp can be reached, there should be some explosive supercells around that area. Wouldn't be much to prevent parcels from reaching the LFC (though it does seem on the higher side...but I'm also not entirely familiar with convection in the Inter-mountain West). 

It’s complex and fascinating just how different a world it is out here.

Shortly after this post, two storms popped to my north and south, each dropping funnels and at least 1 tornado and/or 1 potential landspout. Initiation happened because of the “Denver Cyclone”.

Then, CI happened just as I arrived in Limon due to an impulse east of Pueblo, and the real chase was on. It went from a series of thunderstorms to a congealed cluster, and finally, into a monster long track supercell.

YzZN7t0.jpg

WLDBVHW.jpg

Said it before and I’ll say it again—you’d love it out here. I’m still learning how to do it right but I’m getting better each time.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This will probably be your NE PA/ern NY into VT flooder give or take 50 miles either direction. 

I really hope it's not.. We can handle 2-4" but 4-8" on Sunday-Monday could be very bad given the recent 4-8" earlier this week.. I have to figure out some drainage for my patio pool ASAP had a foot of water laying around my pool fence/patio after Tuesday

20 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I really hope it's not.. We can handle 2-4" but 4-8" on Sunday-Monday could be very bad given the recent 4-8" earlier this week.. I have to figure out some drainage for my patio pool ASAP had a foot of water laying around my pool fence/patio after Tuesday

My guess is the gfs is too Far East. That’s why I said NE PA into ern NY. 6z gfs corrected west a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

This will probably be your NE PA/ern NY into VT flooder give or take 50 miles either direction. 

don't be surprise if the whole thing evolves into a second installment of Bahama Blue circulation type, too

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I like San Diego weather.  More like June 1st… 93/46 weather.

Perfect. These guys who love to sweat, smell like shit, love to get get bitten by bugs, enjoy everything soaked are definitely a minority.  COC weather is where it's at 85/55 with a breeze. Even 90s over 50s is easily tolerable. I just don't understand why they prefer to sweat like a hog. Summer doesn't need dews to be summer. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1