Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

79/70 tropical stifling air mass with 0kt calm wind and 2 mile visibility smoke.

What an evening to be alive.

KMVL 252154Z 00000KT 2SM HZ CLR 26/20 

This is now summer. Noone is worried about grabbing a sweatshirt at night or if they’ll have to use the car heater. It’s just casual , warm and humid . Beer drinking , easy going summer weather. Go go go!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is now summer. Noone is worried about grabbing a sweatshirt at night or if they’ll have to use the car heater. It’s just casual , warm and humid . Beer drinking , easy going summer weather. Go go go!

Torch!

Screenshot_20230625_190858_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

79/70 tropical stifling air mass with 0kt calm wind and 2 mile visibility smoke.

What an evening to be alive.

KMVL 252154Z 00000KT 2SM HZ CLR 26/20 

It's pushing 1SM at the first lake now, probably less. About as smokey as I've seen it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Took my dog out for a walk at 5:00.  Sun was out--didn't both looking at any radar.  Got caught in a toerrential down pour.  I thought we might actually make it through a day without rain.

Unrelated:  why is the NWS radar so crappy?

There's been small isolated showers popping up all day out of nowhere. That's the pattern we're in for a while.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Took my dog out for a walk at 5:00.  Sun was out--didn't both looking at any radar.  Got caught in a toerrential down pour.  I thought we might actually make it through a day without rain.

Unrelated:  why is the NWS radar so crappy?

GWDWTDWCR

Glad we didn't walk the dog without checking radar.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wx2fish said:

It's pushing 1SM at the first lake now, probably less. About as smokey as I've seen it. 

Yeah it’s gotten worse in town the past hour. It’s real bad… I wonder if the nocturnal inversion that tries to set up each evening with clear skies aloft and calm winds is sandwiching the smoke in the lowest few thousand feet now.

MVL ASOS down to 1.5sm visibility now.

Heres a shot from work earlier of the plume enveloping the mountain.

668B8F74-EDD9-4FCA-BDD5-5B0E0779FD0B.thumb.jpeg.76e1152f111d83f408a535372de39e98.jpeg

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s gotten worse in town the past hour. It’s real bad… I wonder if the nocturnal inversion that tries to set up each evening with clear skies aloft and calm winds is sandwiching the smoke in the lowest few thousand feet now.

MVL ASOS down to 1.5sm visibility now.

Heres a shot from work earlier of the plume enveloping the mountain.

668B8F74-EDD9-4FCA-BDD5-5B0E0779FD0B.thumb.jpeg.76e1152f111d83f408a535372de39e98.jpeg

I wouldn't be putting that photo on your summer brochure.

• Haha 1