• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

2 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Rmine. Strange or not it’s good to see. I doubt there will be a run on Ark wood at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Stay well, as always ……

Stupidly I followed the models and rounded up two of every kind of animal earlier in the week! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Again, temperatures are going to warm for the July 2nd-5th time-frame. I think it will be just be a question of how much of the rain and associated clouds with all these disturbances moving across the country affects us as to whether or not we can get into the upper 80s to lower 90s during this time frame. If we can dry out for a couple of days, maybe the 4th/5th, we could have a shot at 90. If clouds and rain persists, we will not have a shot at 90...maybe low-mid 80s.

WX/PT

gfs_mslp_pcpn_us_35.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

Again, temperatures are going to warm for the July 2nd-5th time-frame. I think it will be just be a question of how much of the rain and associated clouds with all these disturbances moving across the country affects us as to whether or not we can get into the upper 80s to lower 90s during this time frame. If we can dry out for a couple of days, maybe the 4th/5th, we could have a shot at 90. If clouds and rain persists, we will not have a shot at 90...maybe low-mid 80s.

WX/PT

By that timeframe average highs across Philly / NYC metro areas are in the mid to uppers 80's so low 90's are nothing to write home about. It then becomes can we avoid the 95+ crap.

Regardless of whether July & August end up following the recent torch trends this has been fantastic 2nd half of spring & segue into early summer. It's not out of the question PHL ends up with the coolest June since 1985

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I got .11 from that small downpour earlier. Based on the way radar looks, it appears that HRRR is going to correct about most of the activity missing to the west today. 

Best chance for us will be overnight. Looks like some consensus for that in the models 

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

Euro is wet but will it actually happen?!?

1688083200-oVjy9se6gso.png

Couldn’t really care less what any model shows. Unless it’s an organized/synoptic type system coming I doubt much happens east of the Hudson from here. Maybe some showers off and on. We’re more likely to get some decent rain when a front finally comes through and even that might get squashed by any marine layer. W of the city and Hudson Valley might do well though in the moist environment and daily chances for convection. 

27 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Couldn’t really care less what any model shows. Unless it’s an organized/synoptic type system coming I doubt much happens east of the Hudson from here. Maybe some showers off and on. We’re more likely to get some decent rain when a front finally comes through and even that might get squashed by any marine layer. W of the city and Hudson Valley might do well though in the moist environment and daily chances for convection. 

Even with the dews  it feels cool with the east wind 

5 minutes ago, bkviking said:

In Smithtown, LI  I have .41” for the day today with that batch of showers that came through around noon. Add .06” yesterday. 

Almost identical here in brightwaters. Two batches today 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BucksCO_PA said:

By that timeframe average highs across Philly / NYC metro areas are in the mid to uppers 80's so low 90's are nothing to write home about. It then becomes can we avoid the 95+ crap.

Regardless of whether July & August end up following the recent torch trends this has been fantastic 2nd half of spring & segue into early summer. It's not out of the question PHL ends up with the coolest June since 1985

It’s actually the coolest June in Philly since 2009 and 3rd overall coolest since 2000.

Time Series Summary for Philadelphia Area, PA (ThreadEx)
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Ending Date
Mean Avg Temperature Jun 1 to Jun 22
Missing Count
1 2003-06-22 68.0 0
2 2009-06-22 69.2 0
3 2023-06-22 69.3 0
4 2004-06-22 71.2 0
5 2000-06-22 71.4 0

6987D919-5F46-41B0-B773-A239047A764A.thumb.png.3a92c3db6eda28ea35d050f974503ab2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1