• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

10 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

if you can smell it you should be indoors or wearing an n95

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-22/wildfire-smoke-preparation-protection-safety-tips

“These particles make it all the way down into the air sacs of the lung, and then there’s even smaller particles within that even can cross into the bloodstream,” he said. “It’s the really fine particles that are the ones that cause the most health risk.”

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Picard said:

Temps in NW Jersey running upper 50s to low 60s, adding to the apocalyptic feel of things.

Some of the air quality spot readings are in the 300s and 400s between here and Syracuse.  My eyes and sinuses are burning just sitting here in school.  Insane.

Yeah it would seem reaching the forecast of low 80s is going to be a challenge in many places

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MANDA said:

Edge of the dense plume has crossed into my area.  Air quality went down very quickly and the air looks very hazy and dirty all of a sudden.

HERE SHE COMES.jpg

i'm sure it's ok to breathe in if you're healthy

• Weenie 1

Orange tint on everything although the sky isn’t yet as extreme as some photos I’ve seen from upstate. Sun still visible but obscured with a UV Index of 4. Temp is 73, I think we’ll see mid 70’s at best today.

3 hours ago, Picard said:

Question.  I'm looking at Air Now.  Why is there such a large variability in air quality readings over such short distances?  You can see green and red icons with widely different readings, within a couple miles of each other.  It looks like they're all updating properly.   Is it affected that much by the local geography?

Green icons are locations just reading ozone, the other ones are reading both PM2.5 & ozone. Issue is obviously the PM2.5 pollutant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1