Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

29 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone hear from Wxwatcher recently 

I heard from him about 45 min ago....said he was losing signal. The strongest part of the eyewall looks like its going to go right over him in Perry, FL....ironically the strongest part of the eyewall in this storm was the NW side.

Aug30_8amEadar.gif

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m ok. Very bad signal. Absolutely extraordinary eyewall in Perry. Extensive tree damage and significant roof damage throughout the area. Not just uprooted, snapped in half. Incredible lightning as well. It was insane.

Will post more when I can. 

h3UOX80.jpg

nQHwYei.jpg

uZGzojZ.jpg

lG3k2Ct.jpg

ErwFesQ.jpg

QRbXR9L.jpg

215oTWu.jpg

hz6FR0N.jpg

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I heard from him about 45 min ago....said he was losing signal. The strongest part of the eyewall looks like its going to go right over him in Perry, FL....ironically the strongest part of the eyewall in this storm was the NW side.

Aug30_8amEadar.gif

Absolutely insane stuff. 

yjkXQTa.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Forecast landfall location of Steinhatchee, FL was perfect for Idalia, however, the forecast timing was too late by 90 minutes and the intensity was 10MPH too intense (125MPH vs 135MPH).
My thoughts as to why to inform better future forecasts are included.
FINAL GRADE: A

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2023/08/dangerous-hurricane-idalia-well-forecast.html?m=1

FINAL CALL-2.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 7.50.03 PM-1.png

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:
1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Forecast landfall location of Steinhatchee, FL was perfect for Idalia, however, the forecast timing was too late by 90 minutes and the intensity was 10MPH too intense (125MPH vs 135MPH).
My thoughts as to why to inform better future forecasts are included.
FINAL GRADE: A

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2023/08/dangerous-hurricane-idalia-well-forecast.html?m=1

FINAL CALL-2.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 7.50.03 PM-1.png

Expand  

Nice job. Always look forward to your thoughts. Although the center was just to my SE it worked out perfectly because I got the mean part of the eyewall. Never seen lightning like that in an eyewall and literally heard no thunder. 

Will get to videos tomorrow. 

sCNSQEW.jpg

izBTXmZ.jpg

zmrdfYh.jpg

FF6QrKn.jpg

2ZML2k6.jpg

kyyMYkY.jpg

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice Don good Cat 1 stuff

Think it was higher than that but good stuff regardless. Laura was in a different class. What was the landfall pressure? I got down to 960.1.

Ol6ZdTk.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nice job. Always look forward to your thoughts. Although the center was just to my SE it worked out perfectly because I got the mean part of the eyewall. Never seen lightning like that in an eyewall and literally heard no thunder. 

Will get to videos tomorrow. 

sCNSQEW.jpg

izBTXmZ.jpg

zmrdfYh.jpg

FF6QrKn.jpg

2ZML2k6.jpg

kyyMYkY.jpg

Think it was higher than that but good stuff regardless. Laura was in a different class. What was the landfall pressure? I got down to 960.1.

Ol6ZdTk.jpg

I think like 957mb

• Like 1