• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Guess we should see some nice downpours move across the region tomorrow, though probably weakening with southeast advancement. 

Tomorrow is the PERFECT reason as to why not to use extended range QPF products attempt to seek convective experiences in this continental region. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

Why can’t we get this?

PGUM 231142Z 2312/2418 01020G30KT 5SM SHRA SCT015 BKN030 OVC080 
  TEMPO 2312/2314 09030G38KT 2SM +SHRA BKN012 
  FM231400 01040G60KT 3SM SHRA BKN015 OVC050 
  FM240000 04070G85KT 3SM SHRA BKN015 OVC050 
  FM240300 VRB125G150KT 2SM SHRA BKN015 OVC040 
  FM240900 16075G125KT 3SM SHRA BKN015 OVC040

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Man. ... it's impressive to see now 8 cycles of modeling persist with a 400 mile wide fragile conduit of perfect MDW weather after that two -day scare tactic the models leveled at us the days before ...

It's so precarious, yet the continuity is impressive.  Keep waiting for the other shoe to fall.  Actually, the GGEM operational looks more turd like so maybe once and for all that model can score a coup -

heh.  anyway, 78 to 85 for three days with sun?   -it's actually kind of climatologically unfavorable to do that but it is what it is. 

It's alright.  We'll make up for that over the 4th of July

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe...not sure. That is pretty fricken low though lol. I often went a couple degrees colder than CON on rad nights and I was a little higher up than the lake. They pulled a -43F in Feb 1943 to CON's -37F. The COOP is in the boonies on the Manchester side though...not Auburn. I think it's at the Water Works plant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

39F and rain tomorrow afternoon for Freak while the majority of us are eating lunch in mid 70s ?

lol going to be rough.

3pm with 44F at MVL and probably near 40F up here at the office as 850s go negative, while the rest of ya wander around in shorts and t-shirts.

That RUT 40F is absolutely a wild prog though if it's 72F at GFL and 74F at VSF.

nam-nest-vt-t2m_f-4954800.thumb.png.6c9f6b2a1e0179c47dbc720b3031a00e.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Never had an issue here with black flies. I've gone up to Winni around this time of year and they would eat your face off. Worse than mosquitoes.

Don't notice them so much in the village and town, maybe it's all the open farm land in the valley around here... but man the minute one gets into the woods a bit or up into the mid-slope elevations... today was brutal.  And came out of nowhere, almost nothing yesterday.  Hatching day or something.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Don't notice them so much in the village and town, maybe it's all the open farm land in the valley around here... but man the minute one gets into the woods a bit or up into the mid-slope elevations... today was brutal.  And came out of nowhere, almost nothing yesterday.  Hatching day or something.  

I'm dreading it. Nothing so far but I know it's coming.