• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

10 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Just went up mount Wachusett and walked down the road way still some SNOW!!!!! :snowing:

received_797516865048207.jpeg

I love late season snow piles.  When I was a kid I would grab a couple snowballs from the last of the spring piles and throw them in the freezer for some reason I can't really recall.  Prolly I was like pretending I had snow year-around since there was some in the freezer.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

I love late season snow piles.  When I was a kid I would grab a couple snowballs from the last of the spring piles and throw them in the freezer for some reason I can't really recall.  Prolly I was like pretending I had snow year-around since there was some in the freezer.  

:lol: same here and i even went down to throw a few today 

Yeah.. thinking it's time to set the cut off low idea sail because these operational trends are pretty damning to the previous signal.  It was always inconsistent anyway...so perhaps not a shocker. Also, as I outlined two days ago, drilling a retro grade cut off from Montreal to Ohio was too unusual to be believable.  

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

3 tornadoes in a five year stretch, plus Isaias. No severe Stein around my hood. 

I didn’t include storms like Isis, otherwise October 2017, 2019, and 2021 would be there for me. But that severe is very localized. I mean from an overall busy season region wide. Been absolutely flaccid for years.

10 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

If they still have piles this year after the winter we had wonder what it's like on a good year, like 2015, snow til June?

In 2015 I skied there in May off a lift.  
This season they had a 30+” storm in March so I’m not shocked there is still snow.  They usually have some into late May or early June

• Like 1