• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

None of the wild 3-5” amounts forecast though 

Yeah I mean we all knew that would be localized, but widespread 1-2”, locally 3” will happen for sure. There’s still some good moisture feeding into dews in the low 60s.

This thing’s rain is pretty far west considering the “concern” of it being a SE of 95 only event.

At the very least most can go 7-10 days now before talking and it being dry.

5CAA0800-CC95-46B8-AA9C-E7D9B92B9C51.gif.92b1e64acdc85594173e99f5aa330846.gif

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean we all knew that would be localized, but widespread 1-2”, locally 3” will happen for sure. There’s still some good moisture feeding into dews in the low 60s.

This thing’s rain is pretty far west considering the “concern” of it being a SE of 95 only event.

At the very least most can go 7-10 days now before talking and it being dry.

5CAA0800-CC95-46B8-AA9C-E7D9B92B9C51.gif.92b1e64acdc85594173e99f5aa330846.gif

Was a nice rainer . Nothing wild.. nothing heavy .. href was way too wild . You may miss all of it up there. May be Stein time there 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Was a nice rainer . Nothing wild.. nothing heavy .. href was way too wild . You may miss all of it up there. May be Stein time there 

Yeah it was a great day up here. Nice 4-hour hike and now hanging outside.

If it didn’t rain for the next three months I’d love it. No Stein concerns here, got a hose to the garden that works well.

Looks like you’ve got more coming. Still a bunch streaming northward and those are likely efficient rainers. Bet you can get another half inch.

We’ll see what CoCoRAHS shows tomorrow before we grade it in full. 

Terrible showing by the Euro in this.

999EB510-5237-4675-A35C-719FADB6B723.jpeg.4ddcc43cdb19f1fe8caffeed1c2cc475.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Staying at a big place on 20 acres in Underhill.  About 1k elevation.  How much snow in winter guys?

There’s a couple Cocorahs stations there that do well. Think they had over 200” in 2010-11.  I’d put it at 130-140ish average though. They kinda got relatively skunked this past winter I think with lack of westerly flow events.  Most of the storms seemed to be on SE low level jets.

• Thanks 1

I doubt the Euro cluster works out ;)  ... Or, okay - it could if there are changes in the structure of the westerlies between the eastern Pacific and Ontario. 

As is ... I don't believe we are drilling a -1.5 sigma 500 mb closed vortex SW from a starting position over Montreal and ending up over WV ...taking 5 days to do it.