• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Somehow, someway...nary a drop of rain here today. That last impressive batch disintegrated on arrival. 

It sure did. I got nothing additional, finished with a total of .01”. If you would have went off of just the pretty radar colors being put out yesterday by the Dover radar you’d have thought I had a half inch plus. Very disappointing. 

• Like 1

Plenty of spots across the county hit 90 degrees including my poorly placed roof top thermometer which hit 93 degrees. However, my 2 ground based thermometers could do no better than around 89 degrees. Much cooler today through the rest of the upcoming week with temps remaining in the 70's.
Records for today: 98 (1919) / 36 (1986) / Rain 1.16" (1978)
image.png.97488cdc8a2fa9763dae3c0a5ab2d748.png

17 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Another warned storm heading my way. Let's see if it makes it here. Last one went another direction after they issued a warning for me.

That last one for you fizzled out, I was watching it.  The one headed your way now is my hope tonight.  The one near me right now has that "I am reforming west of you" look.    Like snowstorms and 7 days model maps in the winter, being in the bullseye of a thunderstorm one hour out is not good.  LOL.

The closest cell around here earlier this afternoon that mainly moved through Cambria County delivered some rain drops but not enough to register measurable on the rain gauge. Last measurable was May 20 (0.17”) and total last 30 days is 0.7”. 

The storms before seemed to be moving south in a sense, but collapsing quickly and refireing on theoutflow boundaries which have a more westward movement. This big batch north currently might be pick enough to create a small cold pool and not collapse.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That last one for you fizzled out, I was watching it.  The one headed your way now is my hope tonight.  The one near me right now has that "I am reforming west of you" look.    Like snowstorms and 7 days model maps in the winter, being in the bullseye of a thunderstorm one hour out is not good.  LOL.

Yes i couldn't figure out why they issued a warning so far out.  Thats not like them. This one  was coming towards me and did the famous Tamaqua split but we are getting some rain. 

• Like 1

I'm under the second severe thunderstorm warning within the past 2 hours.  The first one passed just to my west, and was also diminishing while doing so.  Had echoes over me for about 10 minutes but nothing fell from the skies.

This second one looks nastier and is coming south southwestward from eastern Perry.  I am at the extreme southern end of the warning box.  This one looks to have a better chance at a "hit".  I don't think I'm ready for 60mph winds and 1.5" ping pong ball sized hail.  That's pretty large for these parts.  I don't think I've ever seen anything over 3/4".  The warning says that people and pets outdoors will be injured by that large hail.  We'll see.  Still have about 20-25 minutes until it is scheduled to arrive.  Temp down to 78 after a high a few hours ago of 88, which was way above the forecast high of 79.

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'm under the second severe thunderstorm warning within the past 2 hours.  The first one passed just to my west, and was also diminishing while doing so.  Had echoes over me for about 10 minutes but nothing fell from the skies.

This second one looks nastier and is coming south southwestward from eastern Perry.  I am at the extreme southern end of the warning box.  This one looks to have a better chance at a "hit".  I don't think I'm ready for 60mph winds and 1.5" ping pong ball sized hail.  That's pretty large for these parts.  I don't think I've ever seen anything over 3/4".  The warning says that people and pets outdoors will be injured by that large hail.  We'll see.  Still have about 20-25 minutes until it is scheduled to arrive.  Temp down to 78 after a high a few hours ago of 88, which was way above the forecast high of 79.

The hail core is minimal - like pea size at best - right now 

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

It’s absolutely missing to my west. Un-f king-real. One more line way north 

It's sliding down the western side of the warning box.  Doesn't look severe anymore although I'm certainly expecting some wind gusts to 30 and if I'm lucky...a quick 0.25" of rain.  The storm is approaching the summit of Blue Mountain, along Rt. 34, and will be crossing into Cumberland county shortly.  It will be interesting to see if NWS issues a new box that keeps me in it on the northern side and extends SSW towards Adams.