• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

93 for the high in Tamaqua. The high here today is supposed to be 92. Now I KNOW something's wrong when it's warmer in JUNE in PA than AZ.

Tamaqua may have highs in the 50's and 60's in the near future so do not worry too much.   GFS not liking an early full on summer.   We camped out at 87 and are stuck there still. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Tamaqua may have highs in the 50's and 60's in the near future so do not worry too much.   GFS not liking an early full on summer. 

Yeah, I know. I thought it'd be kind of funny to continue my rants from winter...lol

I spent about 11 hours Total  on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning irrigating to get moisture back in the soil. I have 2 6ft towers with 3 sprinklers running off a 5hp pump. Drawing water from the creek. Today I took the rototiller through. Last week the ground was that hard like cement, the rototiller wanted to skip over the top of the compacted soil. Now with moisture back in the soil that was a game changer. I also used 3.5 gal of gas to irrigate. We need rain bad.

20230531_113016.jpg

• Like 4

Remember those Frost and freeze warnings a few weeks ago? Well here is the result of those. This place is in Dauphin County  a few miles from Gratz and about 10 miles as the crow flies from me. Shame. On the bright side and we were blessed this year we picked about 30 quarts of strawberries so far. We sold about 25qt. We had nothing that big to cover our strawberries when those warnings went out and we did have frost and temps down into the upper 20's. We were lucky here. And that 3in. rain came at the right time at the end of April follow by a lot of sun in May to lead to such an abundant harvest ,thank God!

Blyler Fruit Farm

It is with great sadness that we announce there will be no strawberries for 2023. The frost and freeze conditions on numerous mornings in May have ruined the blossoms and small fruit.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

I spent about 11 hours Total  on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning irrigating to get moisture back in the soil. I have 2 6ft towers with 3 sprinklers running off a 5hp pump. Drawing water from the creek. Today I took the rototiller through. Last week the ground was that hard like cement, the rototiller wanted to skip over the top of the compacted soil. Now with moisture back in the soil that was a game changer. I also used 3.5 gal of gas to irrigate. We need rain bad.

I would garner I spent about 8 hours the last two weeks hand watering our yard.  I am slowing walk through and spraying beneath my feet, so I know it gets to the dirt.  It does not keep things green but keeps it from dying in hopes it rains at some point. As long one keeps the grass alive, it will come back quickly when it rains.    When the water restrictions start, I will be SOL. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

90 yesterday followed by a low of 59 this morning. Already up to 68! 

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Has that feeling this AM.  June hot.  Up to 62 here. 

checking in at 73 in the Capital City. 

i'm looking forward to sitting on metal bleachers tonight at 6. 

and i hear the school district frowns upon tailgating 

• Haha 2