• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

Many spots across the county saw temps in the mid-80's yesterday - here in East Nantmeal we could do no better than the low 80's. Today many spots will take a run at their first 90 degree day of the season. Some of the higher ridge top locations will likely stay in the upper 80's. A strong cold front will be dropping through the area from North to South during the evening. There is a 40% chance of showers. It looks to be hit and miss type showers but let's hope some of us get under a shower or 2 to help cut into the current rain deficit which has grown to almost 7 inches through today.
Much cooler weather tomorrow with some spots not escaping the 60's. The cooler than normal weather should continue for at least the next week.
Records for today: High 95 (1895) / Low 37 (1927) / Rain 3.11" (1946)
image.png.71a050995d37ae6b4090e93c8cba2337.png

checking in at 73 in the Capital City. 
i'm looking forward to sitting on metal bleachers tonight at 6. 
and i hear the school district frowns upon tailgating 
Listen. I attended a gradmeation last night at Tyrone and they had it in their gym. I sat atop Mount Olympus sweating balls on wood bleachers with my neck cranked from the ceiling next to 800 screaming idiots trying not to die.

I hope the metal singes off your ball hairs.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Drinking lots of beer in mid 90's heat is a great way to risk test out ones insurance policy!   LOL

You forget, I am a professional. 

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Listen. I attended a gradmeation last night at Tyrone and they had it in their gym. I sat atop Mount Olympus sweating balls on wood bleachers with my neck cranked from the ceiling next to 800 screaming idiots trying not to die.

I hope the metal singes off your ball hairs.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

:lmao:

• Haha 1

Shorter periods of record, but Bradford tied a record high of 86F yesterday (set one year ago) and DuBois set a new record high of 88F, breaking the record of 86F set in 1969. Records at Bradford date to 1957, and at DuBois date to 1963. Both sites should obliterate records today.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still 65 here. 12Z HRRR gets the first showers cranking in Lanco, York and Adams around 3PM today.  Fingers crossed.   Pretty widely scattered. 

Looks like CTP has Maytown almost 10 degrees cooler than Rouzerville tomorrow- low 80s out your way, low 70s here. 

7 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Shorter periods of record, but Bradford tied a record high of 86F yesterday (set one year ago) and DuBois set a new record high of 88F, breaking the record of 86F set in 1969. Records at Bradford date to 1957, and at DuBois date to 1963. Both sites should obliterate records today.

If either site reaches 90F, it will be the earliest 90F+ reading on record. The earliest 90F+ reading at DuBois was on June 8, 1968. The earliest 90F+ reading at Bradford occurred on June 16, 2022. In fact, Bradford has only recorded 2 90+ readings prior to the month of July since records began in 1957 - June 16, 2022 & June 22, 2022 (the latter date, an incredible 93F).

Yesterday saw my first 90+ reading for the year at 90.7 degrees.  Overnight low was 52.7.  Now sitting at 84.2.  Should easily eclipse 90 this afternoon.

Yesterday I also saw one of my largest diurnals I've ever recorded of 46 degrees with a low of 44.7 and a high of 90.7.  Huge diurnals are way more common in the wintertime.  Although, within the last month or so I've probably seen 4 or 5 40-degrees diurnals.  No doubt the dryness with cool morning lows is a contributor.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some of the coldest air in the Northern Hemisphere pivots over PA mid next week on the GFS.  850 Anamolies

image.thumb.png.702dd9704635ed7548f206b101753fbc.png

From Elliott's summer outlook, this might be the last bonafide BN weather before the heat really ratchets up...he's going HOT for July and August. 

• Thanks 2