Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

12 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Winter storm watch is already posted for Sullivan and Deleware county in NY. My latest forecast from NWS is basically a nothing burger. Rain/snow mix. Light snow accumulation.

Not at all a slam dunk for those of us even up here. 8-18, sure, but 18 would be confined to the high elevations, unless the eastern camps win out and leave even us somewhat high and dry.

So many moving, confusing parts of this whole evolution

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Maybe for most of NJ, NYC and LI.  Our northern posters would get smacked if that run were correct.  That's what he's taking issue with. 

Yeah. Goes with my post earlier. If this storm isnt for you…just move on. I dont understand the need to keep (not saying winterwx21 has done this, just speaking generally here) harping on “this isnt “our” storm” etc. If its not, its not. Prob not even for parts of the northern burbs either. But for parts of the subforum, there is still a potential for anything from a couple inches to a significant storm.  

same thing with posting of models. If someone who should know better posts a model to hype it, yeah gtfo. But if a model gets posted to discuss changes, comparisons, etc, in a forum about weather….lets not lose our minds. You dont need to discuss it if you dont want to. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Maybe for most of NJ, NYC and LI.  Our northern posters would get smacked if that run were correct.  That's what he's taking issue with. 

Oh sure. It could be a good storm to the north. I'm in north central Jersey, so I'm talking about my area and the NYC area. For this area it isn't looking good right now, but we have enough time for positive changes. 

• Like 1

Some random EPS snowfall members:  FWN (Sussex County NJ), MMU, EWR, CPK, ISP, ALB

Fully understand this is not 10:1 event for anyone except maybe for ALB area so immediately cut the amounts on the others.  There is little ensemble support for anything decent south of 80 and east of 287.  Sharp contrast in EPS members from Sussex to MMU to EWR.  Areas along and north of 80 and west of 287 have best CHANCE at 6"+.   ALB members are what you want to see for area wide heavy snow.  For most of this forum support for more than 2" is very weak.  UNLESS there is some improvement in EPS tonight and/or 12Z tomorrow this event is likely over for coastal sections and immediate NYC burbs.  Still a bit of time but there has been no noticeable uptick in EPS support during recent cycles. 

FWN.jpg

MMU.jpg

EWR.jpg

CPK.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Yeah. Goes with my post earlier. If this storm isnt for you…just move on. I dont understand the need to keep (not saying winterwx21 has done this, just speaking generally here) harping on “this isnt “our” storm” etc. If its not, its not. Prob not even for parts of the northern burbs either. But for parts of the subforum, there is still a potential for anything from a couple inches to a significant storm.  

same thing with posting of models. If someone who should know better posts a model to hype it, yeah gtfo. But if a model gets posted to discuss changes, comparisons, etc, in a forum about weather….lets not lose our minds. You dont need to discuss it if you dont want to. 

I wouldn't move on, because I would still find it interesting if parts of our area get significant snow. Hopefully it will deliver for our snow lover friends to the north, and I'm still hoping to see positive changes for the NYC area. Maybe tonight's model runs will look better. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

18z gfs is a disaster for most of he subforum. Still looks good north of I84. 

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

And SNE 

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Man this winter sucked

You can't even trust the models 3 days out.

Awful

Oh for christs sake 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Man this winter sucked

You can't even trust the models 3 days out.

Awful

Despite what the GFS just showed, I’ll give it to 12Z tomorrow although it would be a fitting end to an absolute atrocious winter with one last knee kick to the nuts. Old man winter owes us big time next year.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

Despite what the GFS just showed, I’ll give it to 12Z tomorrow although it would be a fitting end to an absolute atrocious winter with one last knee kick to the nuts. Old man winter owes us big time next year.

My lack of optimism is less about what an 18z gfs showed and more about the fact that no model is really showing a significant snow event for I95 corridor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

I wouldn't move on, because I would still find it interesting if parts of our area get significant snow. Hopefully it will deliver for our snow lover friends to the north, and I'm still hoping to see positive changes for the NYC area. Maybe tonight's model runs will look better. 

There are also other things that make a storm much more historic than raw snowfall numbers.  I've mentioned December 1992.  This storm can be historic in more impactful ways than snowfall so that should be watched for too.