Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

12zEuro.png

The position of the low and cold nearby has my attention. GFS is the only model with a lakes low at that time. It probably won’t amount to anything with our luck but a little stronger system and a little more punch from that high and it could turn into a decent event.

• Like 3

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

The position of the low and cold nearby has my attention. GFS is the only model with a lakes low at that time. It probably won’t amount to anything with our luck but a little stronger system and a little more punch from that high and it could turn into a decent event.

there is no cold nearby. you need the system to bomb way more south than what the models are showing. The bombing aspect of the storm is giving areas to our north the prolific snow

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

With this winter. The GFS is right 

9 minutes ago, Heisy said:

12z euro looks like Ukie at H5, even gets Philly in action. Poconos thru S NY demolished. I’d def chase personally if something like this happens….

Euro is phasing the two streams in the LR so no chance for anything but rain I’d guess…

8ec1a0e46a4c402fbcfdf283d8541703.jpg

yea euro is not reliable at the time range

23 minutes ago, Ji said:

there is no cold nearby. you need the system to bomb way more south than what the models are showing. The bombing aspect of the storm is giving areas to our north the prolific snow

There is cold close enough. A stronger high would help. Which is what I said. A stronger low, 3-4 millibars would help with that also. And we would have more prolific precip. The euro has that low inland NC. Put it over Norfolk and stronger and watch the result.

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

There is cold close enough. A stronger high would help. Which is what I said. A stronger low, 3-4 millibars would help with that also. And we would have more prolific precip. The euro has that low inland NC. Put it over Norfolk and stronger and watch the result.

Colder,  heavier rain?

:lol:

I feel like the “due factor” has finally kicked in for the West.

From 2000-2015, the east coast experienced a bunch of above average to even epic winters. Lots of cold and snow for the major east coast cities. Some better than others in our area, but NYC and points NE cashed in BIG TIME. Each winter seemed to have at least one KU during that period. I lived in the Hudson valley in NY until February 2015 and we went through a 10+ year streak of getting at least one 12”+ storm per season, sometimes more.

Meanwhile, the west was pretty much always warm with prolonged / record droughts year after year. Especially in the wintertime. This year, the west is seeing record cold and snow as the east has been relatively warm and dry. I know there’s a ton of factors (niña, AGW, etc) at play, but overall, it feels like the rubber band has finally snapped back and we find ourselves 7 years into a prolonged snow drought, with the exception of one outlier winter where PSU over to my area saw 40-50”. Even so, the nearby cities saw a fraction of that.

Hopefully we break the cycle next year. This blows for real. Hate having to travel to see accumulating snowfall.

12z euro looks like Ukie at H5, even gets Philly in action. Poconos thru S NY demolished. I’d def chase personally if something like this happens….

Euro is phasing the two streams in the LR so no chance for anything but rain I’d guess…

8ec1a0e46a4c402fbcfdf283d8541703.jpg

I’ll meet you in the Catskills based on the EPS. About a 17” 3 day mean at a Day 6 range can’t fail… right?

Oof. Perhaps I’ll hold off on making plans to travel to my parents house in Rockland NY given the euro and gfs today.

GFS says eastern NE bomb as it gets its act together too late

Euro drops 9” at my parents place but only 3-4” a mere 10-15 miles to their SE and 25” 20 miles to their NW. I’d be salty being on the wrong side of that gradient.

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’ll meet you in the Catskills based on the EPS. About a 17” 3 day mean at a Day 6 range can’t fail… right?

I spent last weeks first snow up at Resorts World in Monticello to enjoy some snow. If the euro depiction is right, I’ll be headed back. I have nice comped rooms if anyone wishes to partake. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

I spent last weeks first snow up at Resorts World in Monticello to enjoy some snow. If the euro depiction is right, I’ll be headed back. I have nice comped rooms if anyone wishes to partake. 

If that's a serious offer... feel free to PM me. I work remote, am increasingly desperate, and am very willing to meet folks.

18 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I too am interested. PM me if serious offer! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic