Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

We did it last year beyond mid April. Maybe that will be the norm going forward. I mean you just get much more amped storms in March and April. And it could be that we need those amped storms to be cold enough to snow going forward. I am looking forward to a Nino next winter. I want to see how an active southern jet works out with the way we currently seem to carry winter temps. Even with some blocking periods it really hasnt been cold. 

Me too but of course if it is another warm dud those that want to pretend it’s not getting warmer will say “ya but some ninos were bad in the past” and they wools be correct. No one year can prove anything. But at some point there becomes a preponderance of evidence. I am not an authority to say when that point is though. 

• Like 2

Me too but of course if it is another warm dud those that want to pretend it’s not getting warmer will say “ya but some ninos were bad in the past” and they wools be correct. No one year can prove anything. But at some point there becomes a preponderance of evidence. I am not an authority to say when that point is though. 

Next year when we go from 01/02 to 02/03 people will be begging for it to stop snowing

2 hours ago, WesternFringe said:

I would create a thread for the ten of us that live out this way, but then we would get predominantly cold rain once again lol.

@Buddy1987is looking like he lives in a good spot for this wave

Short term models look solid. Very odd to think we could get snow and a majority of others in the forum will get blanked. Makes no sense. Although neither does this winter…

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Heisy said:

This was the wave we needed models to focus on….a31d8bcd8f8fad8005e97b4e32f5f277.jpg

not this one… lost our 50/50

44e90907e6cf38da3466276a2a000d4f.jpg

I guess everything could evolve differently, but not looking good right now. I’m still torn on if I’m headed up somewhere in NE tomorrow night. Might be last shot to see snow

The low is closer to the 50/50 In the second image lol. We need the flow to Be Uber suppressive because every wave ejecting from the Rockies immediately pumps a crazy heat ridge in front of it then cuts north along the thermal boundary it helped push north.  Go look at an 850 t anomaly loop and see how fast each pac wave creates a massive heat bubble in front of it the instant it ejects into the plains.  So ya we have to root for crazy tight wave spacing. But that’s just not that realistic. 

• Like 1

The low is closer to the 50/50 In the second image lol. We need the flow to Be Uber suppressive because every wave ejecting from the Rockies immediately pumps a crazy heat ridge in front of it then cuts north along the thermal boundary it helped push north.  Go look at an 850 t anomaly loop and see how fast each pac wave creates a massive heat bubble in front of it the instant it ejects into the plains.  So ya we have to root for crazy tight wave spacing. But that’s just not that realistic. 

Yea that pac wave speeding up would help, keep things tighter. I guess I meant there’s more confluent flow near us for the initial wave. We’ll see what happens

There is a little signal on 18z GEFS for 22-24th, couple decent hits around the region

35 minutes ago, Heisy said:

There is a little signal on 18z GEFS for 22-24th, couple decent hits around the region

31 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah 18z is slightly improved. Pretty decent signal for frozen compared to 12z.

1679572800-qufVR4NpcXw.png

There are multiple ways to win here. Tight wave spacing with a trailing wave. But also if the next wave were to eject from the pac in prices so it doesn’t amp too early. If the next pac wave were to eject further south that would also help. What we don’t want is a slow pac wave ejecting in one huge amplified bowling ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heisy said:

If you include the handful that have a perfect track rainstorm it’s a huge signal for a storm. We just have to hope it’s cold enough. It’s close on the rain members because they indicate some mix in the area, so likely they happen during day and it’s just a few degrees too warm. But a big miller a storm signal is there. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

good for all the weenies who traveled there to see the big snow

NYC would have been an idiotic place to go to for this storm. Inland? All day. Rain/snow line keeps pushing NW on models. Looks like another Albany special is on tap. Have a feeling Worcester MA will be ground zero.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic