• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

Each run after last nights 00z killer has trended worst…certainly seems like a trend to me
7a2616a75461bef82ba3828baa9a81f5.gif

Look at last nights run with PNA pushing towards the Idaho sweet spot vs latest 18z. The 6z eps this morning ticked negatively as well I just left it out. If that trend continues I wouldn’t be shocked if this ULL closes off and shoots across PA (depending on its initial latitude) and straight out to sea.

I’m rooting for a MECS/HECS as much as the next guy, trust me on that one, but these aren’t trends I’d like to see personally. Here’s to a good 00z, long way to go…

It’s just not a coincidence we’re seeing a weaker wave run after run today on the EPS with this PNA response.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Look at last nights run with PNA pushing towards the Idaho sweet spot vs latest 18z. The 6z eps this morning ticked negatively as well I just left it out. If that trend continues I wouldn’t be shocked if this ULL closes off and shoots across PA (depending on its initial latitude) and straight out to sea.

I’m rooting for a MECS/HECS as much as the next guy, trust me on that one, but these aren’t trends I’d like to see personally. Here’s to a good 00z, long way to go…

It’s just not a coincidence we’re seeing a weaker wave run after run today on the EPS with this PNA response.

12z looked great today, though. not seeing the issue there

20 minutes ago, Heisy said:

12z reduced the huggers/inland runners so not all bad. I don’t think we need a stout +pna either…but yes that’s a pna shift today.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

12z reduced the huggers/inland runners so not all bad. I don’t think we need a stout +pna either…but yes that’s a pna shift today.

I think we table the HECS deal if this trend doesn't reverse by tomorrow. These death spiral medium range trends this year never end well...especially ones involving western heights.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think we table the HECS deal if this trend doesn't reverse by tomorrow. These death spiral medium range trends this year never end well...especially ones involving western heights.

Yeah, feels like in any season if you start seeing the medium range become more pedestrian then its over. Likely because HECS don’t grow on trees too… they like to fail in the mid-range. But hopefully it at least leads to a trackable event.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, feels like in any season if you start seeing the medium range become more pedestrian then its over. Likely because HECS don’t grow on trees too… they like to fail in the mid-range. But hopefully it at least leads to a trackable event.

No thanks, go big or go home.

I’m telling you…1956 had the initial quick hitting critter followed by the big boy loosely similar to the GFS.  I remember the 4-6 on Friday and the feet Sunday afternoon through Monday in 56.
Cmc gets you

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

0z UKMET is just north of Bermuda at hour 144.

I take it that 750 miles se of benchmark is not good , thankfully it’s on an island . 

Gfs looked good enough for me , 6-12 on weekend and then a slow crawling coastal two days later (which verbatim is a tad too mild for E mass but couldn’t really care )

"The perfect storm at day 7 hasn't been reproduced in the past few hours! How could this happen? Who could see this coming?"

Might be falling on deaf ears, but its same same. Damn. Playbook. Every time. I guess people like the ups and downs? Or they truly just can't see or understand that most modeled snowstorms don't come true.

If it happens, cool. **It looks like a conducive synoptic-scale pattern for a chance of snow.** Maybe this is like telling people to not be heartbroken over sports since they don't matter.